Thread: Super lean on startup - warmup

Super lean on startup - warmup

Good morning,

Its been a couple of years since I have had the chance to work on my tune. In that light, this morning I finally got to start up the wagon after its winters slumber. Before it went into storage I had some exhaust work completed moved my wideband closer to the manifolds, before the cat. Nothing else was changed.

When I started it up, its is running extremely lean on warmup. I had noticed this prior to storage, but with everything thats been going on in the world, it was forgotten.

Anyway. I have attached my current tune and a short log of the initial cold startup. I do not want to just start randomly adjusting stuff. I am pretty sure there is one or two settings I am missing that will correct this issue.

11 apr 2021_read.hpt

11 apr 2021 - inital startup from winter.hpl

Obviously any help is extremely appreciated.

B

Thats really lean
    Have you checked for vacuum leaks or something
    How is your fuel pressure
    Any chance there are exhaust leaks

Does it seem to run bad? That lean I would think it would.
    Do you have o2 sensors installed to reenable closed loop and check against your wide band

Have you changed injectors? I compared your file to another 6.0 and your data is different.
    I also noticed your open loop eq ratio doesn't have any cold enrichment, but I do see some adders modified.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Good morning,

Yeah it was lean enough that I shut the car off and went to grab the computer!

I didnt get to drive it all that much last year, but it was lean then but as soon as you put it in drive it settles down. Still on the lean side but more 15.1-3 then 18 or whatever its doing now.

I will give it a once over for vacuum and exhaust leaks, but the WBO2 is now about 1.5 inches from the bottom of the exhaust manifold. All prior tuning was done with the WBO2 after the first cat (I am running the Camaro SS 2010 Manifolds with cats).

As for the injectors, yes they were changed after the last tune I had posted here. I swapped in a set from an LS2 to replace the stock "small" truck injectors.

Fuel Pressure is good, no issues on that side.

The cold enrichment is probably where the problem is. I will try and get some more data here in the next couple of days, back to work and rainy weather....

Thanks,

B

That injector data looks a little weird off hand. Did you use the excel spreadsheet to convert the GEN 4 injector data into the GEN 3 format?

Don't commanded 1.00 at start up either, your whole open loop VE table is 1.00 for the entire thing. Copy in a 2001-2002 Silverado open loop table, that will have a richer AFR at start up like you want and will lean out to 1.00 above 120-130 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks.

Truthfully I cannot remember how I converted the injector data to Gen 3. I do seem to remember using a calc to do it.

I will lookup those tables for the 01-02.

I found the LS3 to LS1 spreadsheet. I can say I did not doing anything like that. Can I use the same sheet for the LS2 injectors?

I will redo the injector data and the open loop section. Thanks again.

Without access to the repository, can anyone link a stock 06 LS2 Corvette? I need the injector data.

Unfortunately I don't own the account the tuner is linked to.

I did find the gen4 to gen3 excel sheet

Okay, I found the injector information. Simple search on my part and it was the first post.....I should know better.

I have attached the "corrected" tune. Please let me know if I have missed anything.

13 April 2021-fixed Open loop-correct injector-data.hpt

I am not sure if you all are told this enough. I truly appreciate the time, effort and knowledge you are all willing to share on these forums.

That sorted most of the lean on startup condition. Still need to do some cleanup on the VE table. But need to fix a minor fuel leak......

Last edited by Keep; 04-17-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Okay I fixed the fuel line. Adjusted the tune, per recommendations. Cold idle is now around 13.6afr and I am no longer afraid its going to melt the pistons.

Thanks again for all the help folks.

Glad to hear it!!!
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer