Thread: 2020 Durango R/T Support

Potential Tuner

2020 Durango R/T Support

I appologize if this is a cross post.

But I thinik this is where my post belongs.

So, I just noticed that the new vehicle list states "2020 Dodge Durango 3.6, 5.7, and 6.4L"

I gather from that it would nclude my 2020 Dodge Durango R/T 5.7 although the list does not specifically called out the R/T trim.

1. So I would first need an MPVI2 and a bypass cable to read my stock PCM and upload that when when its time to order an unlocked one?

2. I think I saw HPtuners has a package that includes a new unlocked PCM, a bypass cable and the MPVI2 but can't seem to find link to that offer?

3. When returning to the dealer for warranty service, is it best to leave the unlocked PCM in place, return to stock tune, and uncheck the P1400 code.

4. If the dealer has an update flash would the unlocked PCM be able to accept it, and then I would read the new patch as my baseline for tuning forwards?

I am just trying to get my arms around a strategy that gives me some needed tuning capability while striving for the best possible outcome at my dealership.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with these questions, as I am excited about the idea, but need to muster the confidence I need the to take the plunge!

Advanced Tuner
    RT is a trim level nothing more the 5.7 is supported
    1. Yes
    2. Try adding everything to your cart and see if price reflects the package price
    3. If the dealer wants to find out, they can
    4. Yes, usually you can just reflash the file. If not, do a full read and modify the new file
    Ive had good luck being open and honest with my dealership I use for service. Ive actually done a few tunes for the dealership

Potential Tuner
    Thanks white1, just wanted to be double sure on support before ordering, and your help is much appreciated.

I am not going full bore tune wize, just need to tweak some settings like mds and perhaps shift points.

Nothing that would wreak havok on the drive train and I do plan to be honest and forthcoming.
    Last edited by MonkeyBusiness; 04-12-2021 at 02:43 PM.