Thread: Why Tune a Boosted car in VVE over the E38's 2bar OS Code Modification?

Tuner

Why Tune a Boosted car in VVE over the E38's 2bar OS Code Modification?

Why Tune a Boosted car in VVE over the E38's 2bar OS Code Modification?

My Car is supercharged and Tuned in VVE (MAF sensor is failed)
    My E38 (2008 Truck OS) has the 2bar OS code modification option, But was not used, I would Think this would be the better way Tuning a boosted LS in SD,

is one a better way to Tune forced induction over the other? (VVE vs VE)

I’m believe we gave already answered this question for you in your other thread... both can be used, better to use custom OS, gives few more options for tuning

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Yes But im still confused because the VVE Table doesn't show KPA past 105 , Where if you were using the 2bar OS the Table is 15 KPA up to 255KPA,

How does the VVE reference fuel if it only reads up to 105 KPA?

Anywhere in the editor, even the VVE table, an axis label that is Underlined means it is editable and you can change it. Open your VVE and click on the vertical text that says Manifold Absolute Pressure (kPa). Click the Defaults: drop-down. You can choose from the stock 1-bar that goes from 10-105, 2-bar from 10-210, and 3-bar from 10-315.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Anywhere in the editor, even the VVE table, an axis label that is Underlined means it is editable and you can change it. Open your VVE and click on the vertical text that says Manifold Absolute Pressure (kPa). Click the Defaults: drop-down. You can choose from the stock 1-bar that goes from 10-105, 2-bar from 10-210, and 3-bar from 10-315.
    OK i see Now how to change it, but how come my VVE Table only reads up to 105 kpA , I had the car Tuned , makes 14 PSI, how is the ECM Fueling the boost demands after 105 kpa?

Did you even change your VVE to show what is above 105kpa?

If there is data that keeps going past 105kpa, then it was possibly tuned past 105kpa.

We've already told you in previous threads that your tune is kinda jacked. Like they never even scaled the injectors in there correctly so your whole fueling stuff is all wrong. That's why your PE table from previous posts is only commanding fueling in the mid 12's on an engine running 14 pounds of boost. They just screwed with the PE to make the fueling do what they want instead of doing it the right way.

And small tip here, if you have questions on your stuff you gotta post the tune/log file. It pisses me off and I'm sure others to no end when people have questions on their tunes but never provide this stuff. I can bet that many people here just hit the back arrow on the window and say screw it because that stuff isn't there and it's not worth their time to type anything out. Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 04-11-2021 at 11:04 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you even change your VVE to show what is above 105kpa?

If there is data that keeps going past 105kpa, then it was possibly tuned past 105kpa.

We've already told you in previous threads that your tune is kinda jacked. Like they never even scaled the injectors in there correctly so your whole fueling stuff is all wrong. That's why your PE table from previous posts is only commanding fueling in the mid 12's on an engine running 14 pounds of boost. They just screwed with the PE to make the fueling do what they want instead of doing it the right way.

And small tip here, if you have questions on your stuff you gotta post the tune/log file. It pisses me off and I'm sure others to no end when people have questions on their tunes but never provide this stuff. I can bet that many people here just hit the back arrow on the window and say screw it because that stuff isn't there and it's not worth their time to type anything out. Sorry for the rant.

Yes i clicked on it and changed it to 2 and 3 bar, Yes there is Data going past 105KPA, Yes looks like my injectors are scaled wrong, Yes looks like my EQ-PE Table is commanding 12.69 A/F,
    So How does My A/F end up being 11.5-11.7? Like The tuner said he set it to?, what table is making up for a 12.7 target A/F, Would the methanol injection system be making up a full point of fueling

I am only asking questions , How do you learn anything without asking

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Ttype View Post
    ... I am only asking questions , How do you learn anything without asking ...

Learn ???

You have asked the same questions repeatedly, and received consistent responses from Forum members, yet you still continue to ask these questions again and again.

This is what pisses people off - not valuing their time.

Perhaps you have the mentality of a child, and believe that if you ask the same question repeatedly, eventually you will receive the answer that you want - or you may have some type of brain injury that makes it difficult to store information in your long-term memory.

Anyone can purchase tuning software - few actually learn how to use it beyond the rudimentary.

It is not up to the Forum to teach you, it is up to you to teach yourself. This self-education process often takes the form of reading hundreds of Forum posts, and making detailed reference notes. Some will take a course (in person or online). Some will purchase course material (e.g. The Tuning School books) and learn at their own pace at home.

The bottom line - you lack the skills to tune this project vehicle yourself, and the "tuner" that you retained also lacks the skills to tune this project vehicle.

Find a better professional tuner and be done with this.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your file, its probably raped to death!
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner

Tune

Ttype-Doug-24-good-driving-MAF.hpt

Shrek Nothing wrong with answering questions and if your saying im stupid i would watch it, No need to talk to someone that way that you dont even know,

anyone one here is either looking for help, their questions answered, or trying to help others, If your not that guy then move on, Thanks!!

Learned how to Tweak all my Transmission Parameters , Tire height/gear ratio , Cold start issue, Fail the MAF sensor the correct way, ETC

Hello SultanHassanMasTuning Your help is much appreciated, i posted my Tune, I heard that before that my VVE table is being raped for fuel

Why would a well known Tuner with the biggest shop on the East coast Tune my car this way? Would it have anything to do with my car being a conversion swap car and using a 2008 E38/T42 Truck OS (4L65E)?

It just doesnt make sense

Your maf sensor isn't really failed. In DTC's, make P0101,102,103 MIL ON FIRST ERROR, not no mil light
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Your maf sensor isn't really failed. In DTC's, make P0101,102,103 MIL ON FIRST ERROR, not no mil light
    OK will do , Thank you very much