Thread: 2012 5.3 80lb injectors 80mm t4 turbo fuel milage 6.1 mpg

Tuner in Training

2012 5.3 80lb injectors 80mm t4 turbo fuel milage 6.1 mpg

can anyone tell me whats wrong with this tune truck gets 6.1 mpg and when comes into boost black smokes the goes lean up top
    Attached Files Attached Files

you should be logging a wide band. Also your maf curve should be smoother and you need to pull some timing out because of all the kr you have at wot

Also that injector data seems kind of odd

Tuner in Training
    A shop tuned it for me and it don’t run great it has deka 80lbs in it and it’s only on 8lbs

Tuner in Training
    And I have a wideband it’s just not connected to HP

Yeah that injector data is wrong. It says you are running 127lb/hr injectors right now.

Even if those 80lb/hr dekas were rated at 43.5 psi and you are running 58psi, that only puts them at low 90lb/hr injectors. Get that stuff fixed or call that shop and tell them they are stupid and need to fix that.

The MAF airflow freq curve and the VE tables look pretty bad. The MAF curve is terrible, it's not smooth at all.

Doesn't look like you are running o2 sensors either because they aren't doing anything in that log.

The timing tables are pretty bad too. They took away all your cruising timing so there goes some of your fuel mileage. A stock timing table will run way up into the upper 30's and low 40's just bumming along on the freeway.

Your fuel pressure is also dropping under boost but you have that issues with the injectors still. Fix the injector data, redo the entire MAF and VE stuff, the timing and then see if you are dropping fuel pressure. The stock fuel pump is only going to be good for 450-500hp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ima just try and do it myself now that I bought HP tuners was just trying to get pointed in the right direction and the shop told me I had bad injectors so I sent them to have them flowed and they were all spot on so needless to say the shops a joke