Thread: Tune Review

Tuner in Training

Tune Review

Ok I want to make sure im on the right track. Truck is a 08 Silverado Vortec Max with the 6.0. Speed engineering shorty headers. Texas speed stage 2 low lift cam 212/218 112. Im tuning with the narrow bands until i get a wide band (sooner rather than later)
    Starting doing the Maf tuning and that seems to be going ok. If anyone would like to look at the log and tune file for that and make sure im on the right track that would be great.
    I tried to fail the maf and tune the vve today and i dont feel like the data is accurate. Ive attached the log and tune to this as well. if some one could tell me what i did wrong there that would also be great.
    Short Drive Maf Only.hpl
    MAF Step 10.hpt
    VVE Step 1.hpt
    VVE Step 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Looks good so far. When you get the WBO2 in, and start doing WOT tuning, make sure to disable Desoot Mode.

Fuel > General > Injector Control (scroll to bottom of that tab)...... table # 13344

Desoot Mode causes a lean spike 1-2 seconds after going WOT. It's supposed to clean the cylinders by design, but most say it's useless and end up leaving it off permanently. Either way, it needs to be off while tuning or it will show up as lean on the WB and you'll end up tuning it out

Tuner
    Always was wondering what Desoot Mode actually was, Very interesting Good Info,

Tuner in Training
    Sounds Good Thanks!