Thread: F150 5.0 Copperhead: Driver Demand table [33008]

Advanced Tuner

Question F150 5.0 Copperhead: Driver Demand table [33008]

For the 'Driver Demand Engine Torque' table in the 2011 f150 5.0 at least, is it mainly throttle blade opening being controlled here or do the values here also influence ignition timing?

Also, in the 'Etc Maximum Indicated Torque Scheduled vs RPM' [33018] table, is this a throttle blade opening "clip" that limits torque and can be increased without ill effects?
    Last edited by Matt_lq4; 04-12-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    After searching a bit more about the Driver Demand tables, it doesn't have a timing component.

I have a few tunes to try with a stock and modified ETC Max Indicated Scheduled table to see what effect it has, however I'd welcome any info about that 33018 table.

Advanced Tuner
    Driver Demand does not effect spark timing at all. I guess you can say it controls the throttle blade. The easy way to understand, your truck is calculating a few different torque PIDs that are used throughout the tune. One of those is ETC Torque Request. Your foot controls the throttle, drive by wire. The amount of air being pumped through the throttle body is measured, calculated and turned into torque. ETC Torque Request. Drivers request of torque through the pedal. It will change drivability, could give you a completely different driving experience. It could make drivability better or worse.

33018 is a torque limiting table. You can multiply the table by 1.15 or completely max the table out.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the info about Driver Demand and table 33018, gives me some direction as I go through this ecu.