Thread: RAM TRX dyno mod

Tuner

RAM TRX dyno mod

Have you ever had a 2021 TRX Ram 6.2 hemi on the dyno? What is the way to roll in 2wd mode on the dyno? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I would imagine being AWD with a HP95, pull the fuse for traction control and like the Trackhawk, good to go...

Tuner
    I tried several fuse and Nothing works on the Ram TRX. I have a jeep and a durango hellcat in my shop and on it's 2 vehicle it works very well. Do you have someone here who has already run a TRX on the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastSRT View Post
    I tried several fuse and Nothing works on the Ram TRX. I have a jeep and a durango hellcat in my shop and on it's 2 vehicle it works very well. Do you have someone here who has already run a TRX on the dyno.
    It was done here. Looks like the front drive shaft was removed.

https://youtu.be/xrFaSqTv58E
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    As said, if the fuse pulling doesnt work, just pull the front shaft, at minimum just from the tcase end. Tcase will think front tires have no traction (due to no resistance caused from friction), and apply all power to the rear.
    I have not done a TRX myself, so take that with a grain of salt. But, if I couldn't disable amy other AWD vehicle via HpT or electronically, I have pulled the front shaft before and it work fine. Usually on mechanical tcases that use a gerator pump or viscous coupler is when I pull the front shaft.

Tuner in Training
    Always pull the front shaft, TH or TRX.

we remove the electronic shifter for the transfer case on all TRX and Trackhawks. Then I believe the fuses were esp on trackhawk, and DTCM on TRX. Sometimes on TRX it would limit you to first gear so still running, put in park, reinstall all fuses, try again.

Tuner in Training
    remove the front driveshaft. I just dyno'd a Trackhawk and disable the Mp3023 by fuse and disconnecting the actuators, it still has residual pressure on clutches. Smoked the clutches on 3 passes. REMOVE THE DRIVESHAFT, especially if the unit has anywhere near 100k on it

Tuner
    no need to pul the shaft.

you can use Witech and enable Emission Rolls Test Mode.

ths function will enable a simulated vehicle speed sent to the two front wheels while operating on a two-wheel drive dyno for 5 key cycles.

its wokring great on our TRX.

Tuner in Training
    Tazer DT module release a beta firmware than has a force_rwd mode for TRX / awd vehicles

Potential Tuner

Force 2wd in 2022 Ram trx?

Quote Originally Posted by zr1driver View Post
    no need to pul the shaft.

you can use Witech and enable Emission Rolls Test Mode.

ths function will enable a simulated vehicle speed sent to the two front wheels while operating on a two-wheel drive dyno for 5 key cycles.

its wokring great on our TRX.

Is it possible for someone besides a dealer tech to get ahold of a POD that will run Witech? I have a shop with a dyno and I want to dyno my truck without pulling fuses and driveshafts. I am also considering the Tazer DT but I read it will not allow for the full power at the wheels???