Thread: Time Trial Ghost?

Potential Tuner

Time Trial Ghost?

What is the time trial ghost?

Cliff

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the time trial ghost is either your best lap of the session or your best lap of the session prior to the current lap (I think it's your best lap of the session). This only works if you have multiple laps defined. It will display a position marker for that best lap underneath the position marker for the current lap but on top of the map.

I prefer to use this guide to basically overlay two separate data files on top of each other to give the same illusion but with much more control over what is actually displayed.

I actually have 3 display objects from two separate data files:

1. Map with only the current lap position and no Map drawn
    2. Map with only the previous lap position and no Map drawn
    3. Map with only the current lap Map and no position drawn

This lets me see the current position marker on top of the previous (ghost) position marker both of which are displayed on top of the map drawn for the current lap.

This works for me since I do autocross which only has a single lap at a time, and even for the track sessions that I do, I typically only make a video for a single lap. If you want to have an entire session with multiple laps, then the "Time Trial Ghost" would likely be a better choice since you would likely need to re-import the second data file multiple times and re-sync it on each lap to make the linked guide work.

Here's an extreme example of the same concept from the guide: