Thread: 02 tahoe knock retard issue

Potential Tuner

02 tahoe knock retard issue

Good evening, i have a stock 02 tahoe 4x4 5.3 flex fuel that i have been trying to track down why i keep getting lots of knock retard when cruising or under a slight load, truck has around 260k on it, i replaced the knock sensors with oe sensors and installed a new harness as well (had codes for them), intake gaskets while i was there of course, and spark plugs with new wires. under wot conditions everything seems to be fine, i have done some tweaking on the power enrichment and torque management things in the tune as well as e fans. i run 87 octane most of the time, i have run 93 octane to see if it helps but it still doesn't change things, i just filled up with e85 this last tank and i did a log tonight and was surprised to see a lot more kr than with regular gas. another thing i have noticed is the terrible fuel economy, 12-13 mpg hand calculated on 87, i know these aren't honda civics and don't really care about mpg but i was expecting at least around 15-16 ish mpg. I'm thinking this knock retard issue could be why its so low. I'm attaching my e85 log file, maybe someone can help me out and point me in the correct direction, thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've seen bad motor mounts cause extra knock before because the rubber mount is not doing it's job anymore. Fuel mileage is a little low, I'd say 15-16 avg would be more common to see on a truck like that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah that did cross my mind as well, the are probably original ones and very tired lol, i don't see any kr when hitting rough spots/ potholes in the road that lineup with the live data. I plan on doing a 6.0 swap in the future when this engine finally gives it up so ill definitely change the mounts then.