Thread: Need Tuning Guidance After Cam Swap

Potential Tuner

Need Tuning Guidance After Cam Swap

Hello, fellow tuners and car enthusiasts. I am brand new to tuning and I am only grasping a few fundamentals from it all just from my 6-7 years of repairs and troubleshooting on regular basic automobiles. I am here today to get guidance on what I should be looking for in my current tune and what I need to be addressing first. Below, I will have an attachment of my current tune and recent scanner feed that was recorded they both are probably very shitty, and please understand that I am totally new to this so don't laugh too hard. My vehicle is a 99' GMC Sierra 5.3. The current tune below is ok, it's not great and does display a few misfires persistently when idling. I also notice when I put it in gear and go it surges a lot, and also will surge or jerk under mild load just as it shifts into 4th and if I begin to go up a hill. I recently put a .212/.218 low lift cam in from Texas Speed which is the reason I purchased my tuner from HP Tuners. The truck was running like straight garbage with this cam on my factory tune so I found this tune and have been using it to suffice until I get all the numbers and areas of greater concern squared away. Based on my tune and data from my recent run what is the greatest concern and what needs to be addressed? I am not looking to make a race truck out of this, I'd just like to wake it up a little and improve the power from what it was. The only upgrades I currently have are shorty headers from Summit Racing, a basic cold air intake, and the .212/.218 low lift cam from TS&P. What are your suggestions, expert and experienced tuners? I need some foundation to start with becausLOG FILE #3.hplCURRENT TUNE.hpte I haven't made any progress in the last week since I started tuning. Thanks!

Are you running open loop on purpose?
    Do you have a wideband?
    Post your stock tune so we can see the changes.

Run a log with these channels
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I keep mine in open loop. I don't have a wideband just yet. I'll post them thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files