Thread: Tow/Haul mode

Tuner in Training

Tow/Haul mode

Hi all,
    just curios, has anyone used the "Tow/Haul" mode in the Ram 1500 5.7's as a way to switch to a more "performance orientated" shift pattern? Almost like using it as a "sport" mode button.

Looks like, for the 14' at least, it's tables 59 through to 62.

dell33.PNG

Tuner in Training
    We need this hack!

Tuner in Training
    Just realized I should've put this in the trans section. My bad.

Tuner in Training
    I dont think theres an overwhelming amount of tuning knowledge on the zf8hp platform, or no one wants to share their secrets. I do believe I seen a thread about some of the "modes" on the zf8, not sure if it was here or another forum. I do have a zf8 (buddies truck), that I may be able to tinker with eventually. Probably not in the next few weeks but if/when I do, I'll come back to this thread and let you know of anything I figure out, and to see if you figured anything out.

Yes i do this on the 8 speed rams .. it works. same with the 6 but they only drop to 2

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the feedback, I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. I never know which of the 4 tables I’m on so I’ll adjust them all.

Cheers

I always do all 4 for safety sake as well.

Tuner in Training
    How is your experimenting going creating a ?performance shift? out of tow/haul? Wondering how it turned out

Tuner in Training
    Away from the truck at the moment. Plan on doing this next month, will let you know.

Potential Tuner
    Curious as well. I have a 15 Durango and which is also missing that sport button.
    TIA