Thread: vcm editor question

Potential Tuner

vcm editor question

i am having a issue trying to read my vehicle in vcm editor. scanner works fine and can run data logs. when i pull up vehicle reader and try to read it says x36 exceed number of attempts. but what i have noticed is the vehicle information at top of pop up does not match what the mpvi2 is hooked to. the vehicle information says a 2006 gmc sierra and gives a vin number. the mpvi2 is connected to a 2006 silverado with a different vin that is listed. is this a major issue or normal?

Senior Tuner
    if u dont log out of the scanner (disconnect from vehicle) then the editor wont connect, u can only be connected to either scanner or editor at a single time, not sure with the vehicle info it only reads whats there

Potential Tuner
    I have closed out all running programs before starting the vcm editor. including disconnecting from scanner.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    x36 on reading means the vehicle has been tunerlocked by the previous tuner. YOu need to replace the ecm with one that hasn't been tunerlocked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    okay according to info screen my pcm is os 12587811.. i have a spare pcm that is a 12576106 could i use it?

As it sits, no you can't. That is a OS from 2003 I believe. That OS won't jive with the TAC/Pedal/Throttle in your 2006 truck.

You can flash that computer with a GM tool to a VIN that matches your 2006 truck and then it will work. That is usually cheaper than spending lots of credits with HP Tuners to maybe make that work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.