Thread: 2005 5.3 with Texas Speed Stage 2 Cam

Potential Tuner

2005 5.3 with Texas Speed Stage 2 Cam

One of my friends has a 2005 Silverado 5.3 that he had a stage 2 Texas Speed cam installed in along with an Airaid Intake. He had a local tuner tune his truck, but it still feels sluggish and he said that it feels as if it has less power than it did stock/won't even spin the tires on a wet road. The tuner said that he'd have to pay to have it tuned again, so I'm trying to help him out. I have owned my MVI2 for a year or so, but am just starting to read more about tuning and don't know much. We don't have a wideband for his truck but I was seeing if anyone may be able to take a look at his tune to see what might be going on with it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Grants Truck 4-12-21 (2).hpt

This was tuned?? What the hell is wrong with people stealing other peoples money while not doing a service they are paying for.

Literally nothing was done to this thing. I mean like 99% of it is still stock.

Zero fuel changes, zero timing changes for full throttle, they only did idle timing changes from the looks of it. Torque mngt was touched and that's about it.

Still has stock RPM limits and stock rpm shift parameters which is just stupid because that camshaft will make power at 6,000rpm easy. It's still got the 1-2 shift at 5,600rpm and the 2-3 at 5,200rpm.

This is going to need a complete once over on the MAF and VE table for fueling. Power enrichment needs to be setup way different. Set it to 60% throttle for hot/cold, raise the MAP kpa to 80, lower the enable torque to 50%, remove the 5,000rpm and set it to 1,500rpm. Change the EQ ratio to 1.200 for a safe AFR at full throttle. The timing tables will need lots of power to make it better for that camshaft.

Disable brake torque mngt in the systems options too, that can pull power away if you are trying to load it up or do a burnout.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I will adjust these things and see if we can get the truck running better. Thank you. Like I said, I have just started to learn how to tune somewhat and really appreciate the help.

Potential Tuner
    I believe have everything adjusted besides the timing tables, and the MAF and VE tables for fuel. I did not see brake torque management in systems, so that will still be on as well. How much will the tables need to be adjusted or do I need to get a log of the truck with this adjusted tune first? I have a log from the original tune with the fuel trims staying pretty close to 0. They only varied maybe -3 to 3 originally. Grants Truck 4-15-21- Edited.hpt

Yes
    Post up a log with your changes
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer