Thread: 06 Silverado Issues

Potential Tuner

06 Silverado Issues

so i have a 06 silverado with the following mods..
    btr stage 3 cam package (springs, pushrods, lifters)
    stock heads
    speed engineering long tubes
    offroad x pipe with high flow mufflers and dumps before rear axle
    circle d 3200 stall

this was tuned by a reputable shop in the southeast.

the issues im having is at idle it wants to try to stall and when slowing down to come to a stop it has a hanging idle and doesnt drop till you stop completely and wants to stall.
    truck just overall runs sluggish. i dont want a race truck just something that sounds good and reliable.

what do yall think?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kurtstarling; 04-14-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Fueling is way way off, look at those fuel trims. Pulling 15 to 30% just cruising around, you must fix that. Even idle is 10-15% rich.

We can't view the tune as it's tuner locked.

Other things I noticed is that timing isn't that smooth at idle either, which doesn't help that much. The 10-20 degrees of timing variation makes it tough to control.

It bugs me that your tuner didn't tell you that you should have upgraded injectors too, those stock 25lb/hr units are likely way beyond 90-95% duty cycle at full throttle with the mods tune to this engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    the bin file is the unlocked version of the file

Potential Tuner
    i believe they are the flex fuel injectors, should they be sufficient?

They aren't, the tune says 25lb/hr. If you installed flex fuel injector then this tune needs to change for that.

It's set to technically run in MAF only and the VE table isn't that good. Both need to be re-done with how the fueling is now.

Both timing tables are the same, those being the high/low octane table. The low octane table needs less timing in it. It's only running around 20 degrees of timing too at full throttle. I would think this engine with good fuel could handle 24-25 pretty easy.

The idle timing for IN GEAR has like 36 degrees of timing in there at idle, that is too much. Should be around 20ish. The overspeed spark correction needs to be less aggressive too, lower it from 150-300rpm to -10 degrees instead of -30+.

If you want the transmission to live a while you should change some of that stuff too. He eliminated torque reductions on the shifts, made the shift times 0 seconds and upped the shift pressure a whole lot. Consider going to something that will help it out. Like less shift pressure, shift times around .200-.250 seconds and add some torque reduction back in for the shifts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    okay the truck is a flex fuel truck so i may have to research to make sure i have the flex injectors