Thread: 2015 6.2 Silverado Help

Tuner in Training

2015 6.2 Silverado Help

Hey everyone -

I purchased my dad a 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ and he loves it, however he is wanting to get more power and torque. I let him know that I could tune the truck however it would be my first Gen V and he is worried if I tune it that he would lose towing power since he uses it for towing often.

He's an old school muscle car guy and doesn't really understand the nuances of automotive tuning or torque limit tables. Well, his 50th birthday just passed and I want to tune his truck to run e85 and give it some more performance as a surprise. I have everything I need to adapt the e85 sensor and currently he has an intake, oil catch can, and will soon have a full cat-back exhaust.

Any tips for tuning the truck? Does anyone know how to get rid of the lumpy shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd or would the transmission flush help ease this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2015 Silverado 6.2 - Intake, Exhaust, E85
    2009 Cobalt SS z57Turbo e47 FBO, Larger Fuel Cam Lobe
    2014 Audi S5 Double Pulley HPTuners Tuned
    "Bagee Tuned" Tuner - Tuning in the 559 Area

"Just an amateur tuner going to law school"

Has the 8 speed had the new Mobil 1 fluid for the transmission put in it yet? There is a TSB out there for that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'll have to check the service history and see if it was done. Personally I don't think it has but thank you for making me aware of the TSB.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

There are things in the tune you can do too, like disabling the torque converter lock up for gears 1-5. I disable the TCC on gears 1-4 in the 6 speeds all the time.

You can also alter some of the PE settings to make it feel better and to lean out the fueling a little bit. The factory tunes are little rich. You'll want to make changes to the alcohol settings too for PE, I usually run a 12.8-13.0 AFR on E85 and 12.4-12.5 on regular 89 octane. It mixes between those two values of course depending on alcohol content in the fuel tank.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Cool - thank you I appreciate the advice! I'll make a few adjustments and post the tune when I have a moment.