Thread: Setting date/time for MPVI2 standalone datalogging?

Setting date/time for MPVI2 standalone datalogging?

I couldn't find an available option/setting - but how do we set the date/time for the MPVI2 Pro standalone datalogging? All of my logs show up as 1/1/1980 within the device. Or is this going to be a future option to sync with the computer? I can see how there wouldn't be a way to keep the date/time on the device without battery and the car's OBD2/ECU wouldn't necessarily record date/time either.

I was surprised and disappointed to realize this as well. For this reason, I don't use stand alone logging. I mean, really, how hard would it have been to add a RTC chip and small batt. Not hard. I probably would not have "upgraded" if I knew this.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-06-2021 at 12:04 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I agree! But after using it for almost 2 months, It's not a deal breaker for me. I can see both sides of the coin and it was probably easier/cheaper/less complex for them to do it this way. I do see the log #s incrementally increasing, so I can guess as to which one was which as long as I take careful note of the logs regularly. Meaning, not just leave the device connected and record all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I agree! But after using it for almost 2 months, It's not a deal breaker for me. I can see both sides of the coin and it was probably easier/cheaper/less complex for them to do it this way. I do see the log #s incrementally increasing, so I can guess as to which one was which as long as I take careful note of the logs regularly. Meaning, not just leave the device connected and record all the time.
    Well of course it's easier to exclude it. Even if you had to sync with HPTuners/Win10 clock, and it kept time even remotely close, would be fine. Pulling time from a RTC is nothing, and cost a whopping $1.50, so lets say $2.00 and owner has to add battery. You have no idea, even remotely, what time of year those logs were created, except the most recent ones, if you just made them.

So, this also means you have no way to track tunes that were loaded for whatever log you happen to open, unless you just made one.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    The logs are numerically named so you do have a reference. You can go in and rename after downloading to the laptop. Not perfect but a half assed workaround if need be.
    Now how about they fix the non SAE channels on E40 ECU?
    The standalone feature is worthless on the GM E40 computer.

What vehicle uses E40 again? My 09 Cobalt SS PID's are all SAE for some reason.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    What vehicle uses E40 again? My 09 Cobalt SS PID's are all SAE for some reason.
    05-06 gto and 05 Corvette...I think there are some holden applications that might use the E40. Your 2009 Cobalt likely uses an E69 or E77 off the top of my head.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    05-06 gto and 05 Corvette...I think there are some holden applications that might use the E40. Your 2009 Cobalt likely uses an E69 or E77 off the top of my head.
    Thanks. When I went to check the Cobalt only had SAE PIDs as well. Is this normal for older GM applications?