Thread: Airflow or Torque limit 3.6L Jeep

Tuner in Training

Airflow or Torque limit 3.6L Jeep

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 3.6L and a Turbo and manual transmission. I am getting a hesitation feeling while driving and pressing on the pedal a slight bit more than constant cruise at 45 mph. Where I am noticing this the most is keeping speed at highway, or going up a hill. I notice it more in part throttle conditions, and not at WOT.

It feels like there is a torque limit that is causing the airflow to be erratic and cause it to close.
    I continue to watch 'Desired Engine Airflow' vs 'Total Airflow' to see where they are not agreeing. Total Airflow is less than Desired Engine Airflow by a substantial amount. In the following log at 7.9 seconds, you can see the Airflows are very much the same. As I begin to push on the throttle more, the Desired Airflow continues to increase. At 17.4 seconds in the log, I went to WOT, where you can see the Total Airflow jump.
    Is there a torque or airflow limit that may be causing this? What am I missing??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dial in your VE fueling with the neural network.

Advanced Tuner
    The "Total Airflow" numbers are known to give funky values when sensed MAP is enabled and your PR rises above 1.0 (boost). I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

It seems like you are suffering from the "light switch" throttle effect so this thread may be worth reading https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nse-with-a-S-C

I'd recommend adding the "accelerator pedal voltage" parameter to your next log and increasing the polling rate to the fastest for both this parameter and the "throttle position sensor".

Are you using the NN trainer for tuning this vehicle? If not you are probably best to disable the NN and tune the VE tables.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks HaasExp. Yes - I have read that thread many times trying to learn from others experiences. I did improve some of it by modifying 39020 & 14064 for Airflows.

Would expect airflow numbers to be closer than what they are - plus can 'feel' vehicle being limited.

The tuner I took it too was using NN trainer, but not sure what was done with it, as there is no real history with this feature.
    Last edited by schumbox; 04-22-2021 at 09:52 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Dial in your VE fueling with the neural network.
    @luciddeath - Have you been successful with 25 VE tables on Neural Network?

Switch to sensed map

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram