Thread: Asking to license the vehicle again

Potential Tuner

Asking to license the vehicle again

I took a Laptop that never had HP Tuners. Windows 10, fully patched. Loaded 4.8.7. Loaded Drivers from their Web Site. I did NOT download the Beta. I read the car successfully and saved the tune. I made two small changes and selected write to the vehicle. It prompted me to apply the 2 Credits, which I did. I did not apply one to the Fuel Control Module. (2010 Camaro SS Auto) The Application of credits appeared to be successful. I resynced the interface. I then tried to write the changes and it said that I did not have enough credits. I exited the program and deleted Licence.dat as many Forums have suggested. I repeated the process several times and was unable to write to the vehicle. I tried today on a different laptop. It also had 4.8.7. I read the tune successfully, Sync'd the Interface and it said the sync was successful. It also said that I did not have enough credits. I also again deleted the License.dat on that laptop. I have not plugged this interface into any other vehicle than the one I am trying to write to. All of the times I did the Sync on the Interface, I had Internet Connectivity and it said each time on both laptops that it was successful. I never have trouble reading the vehicle and saving the original tune. This was recently purchased and this is the only vehicle it touched. I read and saved what was on the car. I contacted HP Tuners Tech Support and they have asked twice for files, which I have given. Anyone?

Post your file.

Or open your file and look at the calibrations details page and then controllers. If the FSCM is listed there, remove it and try the flash again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I see the Calibration Details Page and the FSCM is listed and how to delete it. Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post your file.

Or open your file and look at the calibrations details page and then controllers. If the FSCM is listed there, remove it and try the flash again.
    Last edited by kenbaker; 04-16-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Try it and see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I had to expand the window. I see it now. I will try that in a few minutes

Potential Tuner
    That did solve the problem. Thanks so much for that. I tried last Friday and it did not work. I contacted Tech Support on Monday and they didn't give me anything. Take care