Thread: Trans fast learn, trans adapt reset etc

Potential Tuner

Trans fast learn, trans adapt reset etc

I have installed a 6L80 from a 2010 Camaro in a 1988 Silverado, with an L83 engine. The TCM software is from a 2018 Silverado. When checking in VCM Scanner, I haven?t got the trans fast learn button, but only trans adapt reset, preset and fast adapt reset.
    However, nothing seem to happen when I push these buttons. Is it still happening something in the TCM?
    I have done it with transmission fluid hot enough, but still Trans fast relearn status is
    ?disabled?.
    Am I doing something wrong?

The trans adapt reset/preset has to be done with the vehicle off and the key on. You do that after you make pressure changes and on-coming pressure preset changes. After you click preset you can start the vehicle. The transmission temp does not matter for that one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks,
    But how do I know that something happen when I do it?
    Should I press all three buttons?

Just the reset/preset, I never click fast learn on anything.

You'll know if the thing worked when you put it in drive and start moving, the first couple shifts are kinda clunky as it relearns.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just the reset/preset, I never click fast learn on anything.

You'll know if the thing worked when you put it in drive and start moving, the first couple shifts are kinda clunky as it relearns.
    ....I do the same yep first few shifts are abit funky but yep they do settle down especially with the right pressures and presets done , i find if you just adjust the pressures without doing the presets it does nothing

Fast learn is not that important for personal vehicles as we can drive a little and let it learn slow. It is more important when we have touchy customers that want to sit down in a finished product and drive away smoothly. It is a helpful tool but not totally needed for most.