Thread: 6.0 with tsp 224 cam and 126134122 injectors bad idle

Tuner in Training

6.0 with tsp 224 cam and 126134122 injectors bad idle

I am at my wits end with this, just swapped from 5.3 with ls6 cam to 6.0 with texas speed 224 cam speedmaster aluminum intake and 12613412 injectors, swapped all injector info and got a stock tune from 6.0 to start with still can't even get it to idle. I'm thinking of going to a ls6 intake with factory ls1 injectors, since I have these, and seeing if I can start over. can someone look at this tune and log? I'm probably not picking this up very well also.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I'd lift idle rpm by 200 across the entire table, then add some fuel.

Long MAF hz in your channels
    Try this as a Starting point
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Tried dhoaglands file today. Great starting point idles better in closed loop now. One more favor, it is hard to start. I have to give it throttle and hold it. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by apathy93z View Post
    Tried dhoaglands file today. Great starting point idles better in closed loop now. One more favor, it is hard to start. I have to give it throttle and hold it. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
    I'm not sure I added start up air flow, I think thats what needs to be added too
    I'll look at the tune again
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I'm assuming you have to petal it to light off, then it stays running.

One of these has Cranking VE lowered (more overlap less efficiency)?

One has Cranking VE Increased (more lift/duration more efficiency)?
    I'm thinking since you have to open the throttle to get it to fire you need more air, I might start with this one.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 04-18-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I haven't got to try this yet, been a crazy week and my car is 20miles away, Hopefully can try tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks again for all your help!!!

Tuner in Training
    OK I have to petal it to light off and ease it to idle where it will stay finally but if I give it a little throttle it will rev up then come way down and die. I'm not sure where else to go. My plan was to get it idling then follow grg videos to tune it but this idle is kicking my ass!!!! I attached a start up and an idling log.
    Attached Files Attached Files