Thread: Mpv12

Tuner in Training

Mpv12

I'm still learning tuning. I've only been reading the computers at this time. I have watched videos and read tutorials. I'm currently reading different years of GM computers. The first and second one was from a 2002 and 2001 Silverado and have been tuned before, the third one was from a 2003 GMC Yukon and is stock and has not been tuned before. When I hooked up the MPV12 to just read the 2003 and where it shows what system the computer is, the drop down box came up and asked to choose from a Dodge to several other systems. It didn't do this on the first two computers, is this normal or did I miss something on the first two. Remember, I'm still learning.

Hmm, never seen a GM truck computer come up with anything other than what the vehicle actually is.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest opening a support ticket for one on one assistance for this read issue you are having.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I think I might have found the issue. I bought anther ECM, 2005, and at first it did the same thing, then I unplugged from the USB port and plugged it back in, it read it like the others this time. Maybe a bad connection on the computers USB , which is kinda old. Will see what happens when I look at another ECM.