Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 2019-up Ranger 2.3 tuning results?

Tuner
    Thank you sir - I'll take a look into it and see if i want to extend it out. I think to make real power out of it I will have to do it, haha.

Tuner
    Is there anyway to get more resolution to limit timing by IAT or MCT? or am i limited to the IAT compensation only?

Tuner
    Hey all - hope you are all well, just wanted to post a quick snip of the truck and where i am at now for a WOT pull and get some criticism if possible. I feel like I finally got it to the point that i am hitting the upper limits of torque modeling (only goes to 2.4) as discussed a few posts ago.

I also feel like I am running out of breath towards the 5k region and im seeing load lower, even though throttle is open and wastegate is mostly 100%.

let me know your thoughts! Next is tapping into some ethanol and upping torque tables i think... it seems as though i can get the throttle to open just a bit more and make some wild power in the mid range, but i also dont want to blow it up.
    IOTA_Ranger.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Looks pretty good to me, still room for some more boost in there.
    Though likely the ECU will just add timing to make the extra load, since there's headroom there... Considering knock timing is still adding more in while under full load.

If you rescale the torque model, I'd bet you can get the indicated torque well over 400 ft.lbs. no problem.

Tuner
    Wonderful thanks a lot man! I'll let you know how it goes.

Tuner
    That 100% helps getting higher load! Thanks a ton for the help earlier.

I notice now that the LSPI tables are my limit which is what I was trying to do. Hit almost 2.6 load and also structured my timing lower for testing. Feels VERY strong, but i can tell that is based on more air so it does seem to take a bit to ramp up. I am assuming once i feed back some more timing it will feel stronger quicker. I will probably try letting the knock sensors add timing and run off of the cyl pressure ceiling for now.

Tuner
    Anyone find that they have more knock when utilizing the Knock Sensors to allow timing rather than the Octane Adjustment via the blend factor?

Interestingly, when i add the timing directly via Octane Adjustment it seems to not knock in the areas it would before when i was letting the knock sensor do its thing. Might just be a fluke i suppose but made me wonder if it is adding some volatility when ramping in.

Everything feels much stronger (or at minimum smoother) when i do it via octane adjustment.

Tuner in Training
    Ethanol! Good stuff!!
    I've had success with running a blended fuel (4 parts 93 octane pump gas and 1 part VP X85 ethanol) in my 2.3 motor.
    Currently using a 93 octane tune with an adjusted AFR of 13.1

Tuner
    Metro, to answer literally the first question you asked (after tuning up to this point) at high 5k rpm's i am flowing almost 40