Thread: Loosing turbo rpm

Tuner

Loosing turbo rpm

I got a 17 fusion 2.0 e50 tune and steeda intercooler. I notice I?m not getting as much boost higher up?since intercooler install?, past 5000 rpm goes down to 18 lb?s by 6000 rpm wastegate duty cycle is .000 between 5k-6k . It?s like Im getting to much exhaust pressure up top
    And it?s blowing the wastegate open I can watch my compressor speed slow down to about 180,000. By 6000 rpm. I realize it?s going past the Efficiency range for the ko3, but I wouldn?t mind if it overspooled a little bit. Charge temps are great. Just wondering if this is normal. Any input is appreciated!
    Last edited by Stevekreger; 05-09-2021 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Solved

Tuner
    Solved

Tuner in Training
    Can you update with the fix?

Tuner
    I?m still working on it, I?m trying to adjust my wastegate duty cycle between 5000-6000 rpm. I tried to adjust wg preload, but mine doesn?t have a spring lol. Wasted a whole day messing with that rod🤦🏻*♂️ Apparently 17+ is totally electronic, so I?m messing with wg tables and such. I?ll post how I did it when I get it figured out. Keep in mind I have a bigger intercooler, so with a stock intercooler you probably won?t have any headroom to adjust the boost up top, since it would probably kr from crazy manifold charge temps.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevekreger View Post
    I?m still working on it, I?m trying to adjust my wastegate duty cycle between 5000-6000 rpm. I tried to adjust wg preload, but mine doesn?t have a spring lol. Wasted a whole day messing with that rod臘*♂️ Apparently 17+ is totally electronic, so I?m messing with wg tables and such. I?ll post how I did it when I get it figured out. Keep in mind I have a bigger intercooler, so with a stock intercooler you probably won?t have any headroom to adjust the boost up top, since it would probably kr from crazy manifold charge temps.
    UPDATE; the 17 +2.0 dual scroll fusion wastegate does have a spring in the canister, i wasn't adjusting it right. so after many hours of messing with different lengths i lengthened "the opposite of the other non twin scroll turbos" the rod linkage by about 2 turns of the nut closest to the canister. i peak at 25 psi around 4000 rpm 22psi at 5000 rpm and its still down to around 17.7 -18.0 by 6000 rpm so its still not doing much from 5500-6000rpm. if you adjust the rod more than 2 turns your peak boost is too high and it'll set off the wrench light. it might be possible to adjust the wastegate tables to up the duty cycle in the 4000 rpm range so that i can put more preload on the spring to get more boost from 5000-6000 rpm without setting off the wrench light, but thats maybe later when i feel like messing with it again because its a pain in the ass to jack up the car and adjust it every time! its really hard to get to. its not like the other 2.0 turbos. If i do anymore ill update again.
    Last edited by Stevekreger; 05-09-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevekreger View Post
    UPDATE; the 17 +2.0 dual scroll fusion wastegate does have a spring in the canister, i wasn't adjusting it right. so after many hours of messing with different lengths i lengthened "the opposite of the other turbos" the rod linkage by about 2 turns of the nut closest to the canister. i peak at 25 psi around 4000 rpm 22psi at 5000 rpm and its still down to around 17.7 -18.0 by 6000 rpm so its still not doing much from 5500-6000rpm. if you adjust the rod more than 2 turns your peak boost is too high and it'll set off the wrench light. it might be possible to adjust the wastegate tables to up the duty cycle in the 4000 rpm range so that i can put more preload on the spring to get more boost from 5000-6000 rpm without setting off the wrench light, but thats maybe later when i feel like messing with it again because its a pain in the ass to jack up the car and adjust it every time! its really hard to get to. its not like the other 2.0 turbos. If i do anymore ill update again.
    update put a throttle spring on the wastegate linkage to stiffen it up a bit, holding 19 psi to 6000 rpm now. No wrench lights or anything! stock wastegate settings