Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LNF tuning

Potential Tuner
    Greetings, I've been reading a lot of post on LNF Motors trying to figure out what's going on with a car I just put together. ( off road class ten, ATK LNF 2.0, E69 BOSCH ECM) that starts but only runs 2 seconds then shuts off. I see you all over these posts and looks like you've got tons of knowledge. I see you're in Nevada as am I and was wondering if you know a shop, tuner that could help me out. Thanks Kevin

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I am only familiar with the Reno area and dont know of many quick ecotecs. This area prefers other platforms.
    The ecu looks for BCM validation from checking the keys. I believe GM calls it Vehicle Thief Deterrent (VTD). If the validation times out due to no BCM present, then it triggers security and shut down. It's been so long i don't remember how to bypass it anymore. I don't follow the ecotec shops anymore, but if Trifecta is still around then you could see if they still offer the BCM delete software.
    I vaguely remember GMTech talking about a key cycle pattern that force the BCM to permit the key to be used, but it only works if the BCM is present. https://moduleexperts.com/gm-securit...arn-procedure/

Some people are using external wiring to bypass all the ecu circuits that get shut down when VATS kicks in. I dont have the wiring diagrams to look into this so i am a bad source of help. I wish i could help you more than this but I'm getting pretty rusty these days.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 1 Week Ago at 05:14 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman