Thread: TCC applying 1st gear

Potential Tuner

TCC applying 1st gear

First off 2004 4l60e. I am trying to learn how to tune my transmission. But I don?t seem to be catching on. You can see in the log that the TCC applies at 8 mph in first gear and stays locked up through the gears. The last half of the log I was playing with locking the TCC in and out. You can feel it and see it commanded in and out if you use the bi-directional controls.
    Looking at the TCC apply, I thought it shouldn?t apply until 34 mph in 4th. I am lost, somebody point me in the right direction. What else do you need.

tcc apply.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Post the log, and the tune file. According to that picture, it should not lock up until 4th @ at least 34mph like you said. The file and log will help see if there?s something else involved

Potential Tuner
    I figured out where I went wrong. I was watching a PID “TCC applied” in the scanner which always indicated “yes”. After more research i found a PID to log called “TCC mode”. Now I can see the converter lock, unlock etc and it’s doing its thing according to the apply/release tables. So I think I have a rudimentary understanding of this table.

Last question, trying to understand the TCC duty cycle. The PCM has a set amount of slip it is shooting for. It uses the numbers from the minimum duty cycle table to achieve this slip while never exceeding the numbers in the TCC duty cycle maximum table. Accepting this is true, the maximum table is easy to understand, it’s the minimum table. Are the numbers in the table percentages? The rows are tranny temps but what do the numbers across the top of the columns 0-96 mean? I think I’m going to play with some numbers in the minimum table and see what it feels like.

scanner.jpg

Old thread....................but same item.

TCC applied says yes..............but not true.

Anyone understand why there is a false "yes" in not locked mode?