Hi, new to HP Tuners, but have been using Tunerpro RT and Moates Autoprom for quite a while now. Recently decided to upgrade the controls on my 67 Firebird to a Gen 3 PCM. I have a 4 tooth crank wheel and Vortec distributor in the car, space to the firewall is very limited, the 67's were designed for the old small diameter points distributors. The GM OBD1 V8 distributor was a tight fit and the Vortec is worse with the horizontal plug wire exit.

It appears the PCM in the car was bricked by something over the weekend. It returns a controller unlocked time out error when trying to write and cannot connect thru the scanner anymore. Need to determine if the next PCM should be preloaded with the GMT610 or another OS option. I may need to switch to coil packs if I can't get the timing set in the space available.

The info I am trying to find is on the system options, can I use the low res crank option with coil packs? Is there a breakdown of the capabilities somewhere. Tried searching and a thread about the number 1 coil pack firing 8 time too often brought up this question and can't find answer.

Thanks in advance for helping.