Thread: Noob question, what all do I buy?

Potential Tuner

Noob question, what all do I buy?

I'm jumping in to tuning with both feet and I'd like to get the correct stuff the first time. I have a 2017 Camaro ZL1, a 2000 B4C Camaro, and a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. Can I buy one unit to use with all three vehicles? Pro or no?

The 2000 Camaro is a low buck drag car, The ZL1 is stock, the Jeep may just be wishful thinking but thought I would ask.

I know I'll need a wideband for the race car and maybe for the 2017 ZL1 once in a while. I see a lot of people like the AEM 30-0334 X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauge. Is that the way to go?

The MPVI2 does them all, you only need 1 unit. That wideband is very good but just know the OBD2 stuff only works on CAN-BUS vehicles, so only your 2017 Camaro could use that widebands feature. The wideband can still be used and logged other ways with HP Tuners I believe.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Sent in a request directly to HP a couple of days ago concerning these questions, which I admit, are pretty basic, but I am a noob. So far, no response. Crickets. This would probably take someone knowledgeable about 1 minute to answer but they don't take phone calls. Is this normal with HP?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_strahan View Post
    Sent in a request directly to HP a couple of days ago concerning these questions, which I admit, are pretty basic, but I am a noob. So far, no response. Crickets. This would probably take someone knowledgeable about 1 minute to answer but they don't take phone calls. Is this normal with HP?
    What is your ticket number?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The MPVI2 will be able to tune all 3 of your vehicles without having to purchase another device. Just purchase credits, license & tune away.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Bill! Appreciate the quick response!

Potential Tuner
    One more quick question Bill@HPTuners: I'm figuring 10 credits, is that correct to do all three vehicles?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    All of our credit costs can be found here https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

The 2000 Camaro is 2 credits
    The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel 3.0 would be 4 credits for the ECM
    The 2017 Camaro ZL1 would be 4 credits for the ECM

Potential Tuner
    Thank you!