Thread: 2013 s8 zf8hp

Tuner in Training

2013 s8 zf8hp

I previously had a 2013 A8L and successfully reset the Amax counter and modified to keep Amax engaged through 5th gear. I'm using DS1 for ECU tuning and on the A8 I could set launch torque.

I recently picked up a 2013 S8 and I'm looking to get some help tuning the transmission. The controller is a LOT different than my A8. I've adjusted for Amax to stay active through 5th gear and reset the launch counter. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be engaging amax. Also changing the launch torque in the ECU has no effect. I think the trans is deciding launch torque. I know I could pay someone to tune it for me but I like to learn. If anyone has some ideas on what might be happening i'm all ears.

Thanks,
    Duke

post a copy of your tcu file

Tuner in Training
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GBb...ew?usp=sharing

Link to my stock trans tune file.

check pm

Tuner in Training
    Does enabling AMAX through 5th gear have some benefits that you have actually seen a noticeable difference and measured?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, can you share the mod file for the A8 tcu? I want to compare, am I on the right track?

Potential Tuner
    Did this one ever get solved? I am having the same exact issue with a 2013 A8. Thanks!!