Thread: 6.0 jeep

Potential Tuner

6.0 jeep

Hello all. Someone put this 6.0 into an 88 jeep and now it's at my shop. I've always been interested in tuning but now (I inadvertently erased the tune file with factory software) I've just got HP tuners up and running, got the cooling fans and vats problem handled now hitting a snag. This has engine and wiring/pcm from a 2002 escalade but with a 4l80e. I'm getting some shifting codes and believe I needed to change the trans to 4l80e so I did that in the general trans type menu with no change. I saw I may need to switch back to stock tune then change the operating system first? Not sure which one to pick for my application. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated

All I can find is the .hpt file for now trying to locate the other files will update shortly.

The trans codes are p0740 TCC enable solenoid circuit + p0785 3-2 shift control circuit and it does not shift.
    Looks like history log perhaps been built into the .hpt file now?

6.0 commanche.hpt6.0 commanche.hpt
    Last edited by lcar; 04-20-2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Edit mistake out for clarity/add details

6L80? or 4L80?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Yeah it is the 4l80e, got mixed up there

The drop down selector does nothing.
    I'm 99% sure you can do a segment swap. I found a Tune from an 02 Silverado with a 6.0 and a 4L80

I segment swapped the transmission (Trans. Trans diagnostics, Spedometer) into your tune.
    I'm not sure if it should have been put completely stock first, if so you can do that and then swap the segments and try it.
    Hopefully there won't be any wiring issues with one being Escalade and the other Silverado
    Last edited by dhoagland; 04-20-2021 at 09:35 AM.
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Yeah man that did it .
    So I could have grabbed a base tune with a 6.0 and the correct trans from the repository and set all my options?

Yes
    That is what I did. Glad it worked out!

I was hoping I read your situation correctly. I know if you Originally had a 4L60 and Install an 80 there are harness and Pin out issues (custom after market harness's are available).