Thread: DTC codes

DTC codes

I was wondering if anyone here had any info on these codes and how to get rid of them. I have tried to clear them but they come right back instantaneously. My truck is under warranty but has not thrown a check engine light. Not sure the best way to get the dealer to check them out without raising any flags that the VCM has been modified.

My mom's 03 silverado is doing

U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)

just like yours(yes i typed it twice because it's in there twice) and I try to clear them but they almost immediately come back. At one time she did have a ses light but that was a bad fuel in the dtc and i cleared it and it went away and from what i can remember this u1000 didn't exisit at that time. Hopefully we can have someone chime in who has seen these.

OneFastGT

You can only clear engine and transmission codes. Those codes are for the ABS system. If you were on a dyno you will get ABS/chassis codes like that. They will eventually go away.

U-codes usually happen when you program the PCM. The other modules are trying to talk but they are getting the "shut up" command while the PCM is taking on new data. U-codes generally mean some module was trying to talk to another module and couldn't after some period of time (like a PCM programming event).
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks for the info EC_Tune, I guess I wont worry about them.

Tuner
    the "shut up" command. I like that. The bcm and all the chassis codes can go to hell and screw themselves.

THANKS for clearing that up.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq