Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 no spark no injectors

Tuner in Training

6.0 no spark no injectors

removed running driving 6.0 from a 2014 2500 van, removed harness and rewired to nicely fit into a 72 c10, got everything wired up, used editor to disable VATS patch 1, VATS patch 2 and Starter fault check, wrote new tune (write entire) tried starting, turns over great but wont fire, checked power and ground at coils during cranking and have both, checked for signal, nothing, checked all wiring from ecm to coils everything is good, checked injectors with noide light, no pulse, at a loss, anyone have any ideas? has rpm of 175ish wile cranking

Key switch have the same wiring?
    Could it be looking for something from a BCM module?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    removed running driving 6.0 from a 2014 2500 van, removed harness and rewired to nicely fit into a 72 c10, got everything wired up, used editor to disable VATS patch 1, VATS patch 2 and Starter fault check, wrote new tune (write entire) tried starting, turns over great but wont fire, checked power and ground at coils during cranking and have both, checked for signal, nothing, checked all wiring from ecm to coils everything is good, checked injectors with noide light, no pulse, at a loss, anyone have any ideas? has rpm of 175ish wile cranking
    i have similar issue also going on a c10 truck

There's been a whole bunch of people having issues with VATS not disabling here lately, I don't think anyone has found a root cause or solution yet. It seemed to start happening after the latest VCM Suite release though.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Key switch have the same wiring?
    Could it be looking for something from a BCM module?
    Using c10 ignition all modules removed except ecm/tcm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There's been a whole bunch of people having issues with VATS not disabling here lately, I don't think anyone has found a root cause or solution yet. It seemed to start happening after the latest VCM Suite release though.
    No solution? That?s not good, need to get this thing running

Are you using the current/latest version? Have you tried the Beta? Maybe if there is an issue they know about it and it's been fixed in the Beta. Other alternative would be to find an older release version, 4.6.3 or 4.4.4. Hard to find those unless you can find someone willing to send it to you directly. I don't know of any archives, though there really should be such a thing given the issues that can crop up and leave people stranded until the next release.

Sent you guys a PM
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training

file

72 beta vats deleted.hpt
    ive attached my tune file if anyone can have a look and see if its right, i tried disabling with beta version and still nothing, only thing ive changed was the 2 vats

System > General > Starter Relay: set Starter Diag to Disable

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...le-not-working

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...s.com+e38+vats

In all these threads, no one ever posts back what their solution was.

Did you keep switched IGN to X1-18 when you neutered the harness? If you only look at the one diagram where they call it Data Communications you might think it's a BCM thing and isn't needed anymore...

E38 X1-18 2of2.pngE38 X1-18 1of2.png

Tuner in Training
    Pin #18 runs direct to transmission, should it be powered key on/crank/run?

I don't have diagrams up to that year, but it's an E38, hard pins like that are highly unlikely to change from year to year. A IGN pin is an IGN pin.

Does X1 18 connect to a pin at the transmission that provides switched battery voltage in ACC and RUN, like in the diagrams above? Do you see the attachments? Did you click on them to enlarge?

Tuner in Training
    from what i can see in the diagrams it needs switched ignition +

Tuner in Training
    ran switched ignition power to pin x18 still no start no injector pulse and no coil signal
    but now have code-U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (Pending, Current, Old, History)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    ran switched ignition power to pin x18 still no start no injector pulse and no coil signal
    but now have code-U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (Pending, Current, Old, History)
    Really interested to see what happens here
    My boss is doing a similar install and I was concerned about different control modules not being present on the swap

In the tune file you posted, you have U0140 & U0121 set to No MIL Light, not No Error Reported like all the other U codes for the modules no longer present. Same mistakes in the Trans DTC list.

No Error Reported means 'do not run this test'. No MIL Light means 'run the test, but don't tell me about it unless I ask'.

I would normally ask if you've done a fresh read of the vehicle to see if the file that is currently in there kept the VATS changes you have in the file you wrote, but in the other threads the VATS flags showed to be correct even though all indications were that VATS was still active. If this really is caused by a specific VCM Suite version that doesn't handle the VATS delete correctly you will not be able to diagnose this without trying an older version.

If you have multiple unknowns (wiring issues and software that doesn't disable VATS correctly) this gets exponentially more difficult. Eliminate every single known problem. Make sure that not only your wiring is correct but also that the wiring diagrams you used are correct.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    In the tune file you posted, you have U0140 & U0121 set to No MIL Light, not No Error Reported like all the other U codes for the modules no longer present. Same mistakes in the Trans DTC list.

No Error Reported means 'do not run this test'. No MIL Light means 'run the test, but don't tell me about it unless I ask'.

I would normally ask if you've done a fresh read of the vehicle to see if the file that is currently in there kept the VATS changes you have in the file you wrote, but in the other threads the VATS flags showed to be correct even though all indications were that VATS was still active. If this really is caused by a specific VCM Suite version that doesn't handle the VATS delete correctly you will not be able to diagnose this without trying an older version.

If you have multiple unknowns (wiring issues and software that doesn't disable VATS correctly) this gets exponentially more difficult. Eliminate every single known problem. Make sure that not only your wiring is correct but also that the wiring diagrams you used are correct.
    I?ve went threw all the wiring again, diagrams used are from Mitchell (snapon) I?ve tried the current version and the beta version, I can try an older version tomorrow, as far as dtc?s for no mil or no report, I haven?t changed any of them, all that has been done was a read, disable vats 1,2 and starter then a complete write, should I be changing u0140,u0120 to no error reported?
    I should also add this is my first time using hp

If you removed the BCM and EBCM that used to be there, and haven't disabled the codes that check they are present, then yes, you will get a U0140/U0121. If you want that to not happen, you would need to either integrate the original BCM, EBCM, and associated wiring into your swap, or disable the codes. I think disabling the codes is the easier solution but that's just me.

When you try the older VCM Suite version, make sure to start with the original file you read out from the ECM/TCM and not the file you've already edited with the current VCM Suite. Just in case the current version is doing some weird shit to the code behind the scenes that the older version can't undo.

In fact... you may run into a file version issue where the older editor won't open the original file created with the newer editor. If that happens, reinstall the newer (current) VCM Suite, write-entire the untouched original stock file, then replace VCM Suite with the older version and do a new read from scratch.

If the Mitchell's diagrams were the ones that told you to run ECM X1 18 to something to do with the transmission... I wouldn't trust it.

ECM P0615, P0633, P162B, P1613 and TCM C1251 also need to be changed to No Error Reported. I can't offer anything further about the DTC list since I have no idea what components you reused - shifter with the original TUTD switches? original brake switch, and if the original is a single or dual-range? does the ignition switch you're using have the same number of outputs timed the same as the original van switch? reused the original van Y-pipe with converters and downstream sensors?