Thread: Hellcat 2500 RPM limit

Potential Tuner

Hellcat 2500 RPM limit

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem I can't figure out. Its a hellcat swap into 70 roadrunner, the hellcat engine has a 2.85 pulley and fic1000 inj and ported throttle body behind a manual 6sp. The car starts and runs great but I have a rpm limit of 2500 in neutral, Throttle Torque Source says RPM Limit. I attached the tune file and log. I have tried many things but nothing works. I have been playing for hours on this thing, Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.HELLRUNNER tune 15 with rpm limit.hpthellcat swap rpm limit log 2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    If this is mated to a manual transmission I would try disabling the torque management methods under Torque Management , General , ESP TqMgt and Stall TqMgt. That may not fix the underlying issue which is probably a torque limit, but it might make it drivable. I would also disable launch control under Fuel Cutoff DFCO. The initial reduction multiplier has a spike right at 2500 rpm's. It may be stuck in launch control.
    Last edited by Iceyrider; 04-20-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for that. I tried all of it, I disabled each one and no change.

Tuner in Training
    Scan it for codes.....all factory sensors hooked up and reading?

I have a lot of time under my belt now with my hellcat swapped 64 drag car. Send me the tune if you want and I can look it over.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornpower View Post
    Scan it for codes.....all factory sensors hooked up and reading?

I have a lot of time under my belt now with my hellcat swapped 64 drag car. Send me the tune if you want and I can look it over.
    yes all sensors connected and only one code which is U1110 and its because I don't the speedometer calibrated. But that code wont limit the engine as i have a hellcat swap in my Cuda and i have the same code ad no problems like this one. I compared my Cuda to this one and made similar changes to no affect on the problem. i attached a tune and log on my first question. Does the link work? Thank you

Tuner in Training
    I see the files. I will take a look later during lunch and see if anything jumps out

Potential Tuner
    I have been messing with it for the last few days and the problem is still there. I changed the various sensor reading and i can get the limit to go away but then it wont idle, it surges really bad and no matter what i do to the etc it wont change. so i am still trying to figure it out. I will install new map sensors today.

Potential Tuner
    What did you end up finding to raise your RPM limit? I'm running into the same issue on my swap. Used an 06 Charger R/T 5.7 into a 73 Charger. Was a NAG1 and I put in a Tremec, but can't find a way to rev above 2500.

Tuner in Training
    I don't have an answer, but a suggestion, for at least the OP. If the speedo isn't calibrated, it may be stuck in "launch mode" because it still thinks its at 0mph. Again, not sure, but I would try to get the PCM to read actual mileage, and see if that helps at all.

Potential Tuner
    Does it have to have a VSS hooked up? I am running a TKO2 with manual speedo pickup gear.