Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 ZL1 reduced power in 3rd gear

Segment swap will change the parts of the code you can't see. The parts represented in the editor GUI are already the same.

As far as I know, it's not possible to modify anything in a segment and have the CVN not change, so your segments that match on both the calID and CVN are untouched, either the parts we can see or the parts we can't.

It would be nice to see if the IDs/CVNs on the hidden Engine and Slave OS segments are the same, but without access to those the best we can do is swap the segment we know for sure is different. If that doesn't solve it, the differences are somewhere in the Engine or Slave OS segments and the only way to get at those is with GM tools. Maybe other tuning software can do it but not with HPT.

Tuner in Training
    Ok now I got it. Will think about it and then maybe give it a try to swap the "Engine Operation" from the repo file to my file and then do a write entire to the E67.
    Or to reduce risks maybe segment swap all parts from the E67 (except "Main Operating System") just in case there are also changes in other segments - if these changes were done on .bin level and the IDs and CVN may stayed the same.

You see I am not that confident

The CVN is a checksum/hash that changes any time anything, even a single bit, is changed in the code. Same CVN = same code.

Tuner in Training
    That sounds good. I think i will give it a try. Will report if it worked

Tuner in Training
    I did the swap for the one segment and write entire. It worked and the car still runn - phew. Will go on a testdrive now to see if the isse is gone.

Tuner in Training
    **solved**

Good news, my third gear has become usable everything works as it should.

Thank you so much blindsquirrel for your help to sort that out
    Last edited by Zeee; 04-25-2021 at 07:06 AM.