Thread: 2007 FJ Cruiser 1GR-FE tuning assistance

Potential Tuner

2007 FJ Cruiser 1GR-FE tuning assistance

Hello HPTuners,

I was wondering if anyone can assist with tuning the 2007 FJ Cruiser 1GR-FE single VVTI. I am hoping to get more power from the tuning with HPtuner. I currently have the URD MAF calibrator did a little tune, which I got a dyno @ 216HP with Gear 4.56 tyres 317/75/16 this is without the DT long tube headers. The stock HP pull was 199 to the wheel prior to the tune. I will be removing the URD MAF calibrator as you can not use two different type of tuning as you would not need it with the HPTuner, HPTuner already has all the feature that is needed to tune the MAF and more.

Today I will be tuning the the gear/tyres to update the ECU to match my gear ratio & tyres. I want to be able to go outside the box get more out of the FJ Cruiser before SC. I will add bolt back the DT long tube next week as I needed to take it out for SMOG.

Any help with be appreciated.

Thanks
    R35T

Hi,

remove the throttle limiters, tune your maf and pe, once you get it on the dyno tune your timing, make sure you are not knocking, this is the main things you want to spend your time on, if the car is auto you can tune your trans to lockup and increase the shift pressure.

you can adjust the optimum torque if removing the throttle limiter wasn't enough

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what are the years the 1GR-FE are support FJ Cruiser according to HPT its only tacoma
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by QTR FMS View Post

you can adjust the optimum torque if removing the throttle limiter wasn't enough
    I have found that playing too much with the Optimum Torque map will remove cruise control functionality on the 1GR-FE, so ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by dNHP View Post
    I have found that playing too much with the Optimum Torque map will remove cruise control functionality on the 1GR-FE, so ymmv.
    yeah this is why i left it as a last resort, some ecu's uses the optimum torque for reference to set cruising speed.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, have any of you raised the rev limiter? despite that i raised my shit points up to 6k, and raised the fuel cutoff limiter up to 6300 rpms it will still hit the limiter at 5.5k . That feature seems not to have any effect no matter how many times i flash it. Have any of you figured out how to raise the limiter?

Tuner in Training
    @Leboreiro, adjusting the limit under the "Cutoff" tab moved the rev limiter for my manual 1GR-FE Tacoma. I'm not sure how it will affect FJ Cruiser differently, if at all.

1GR Rev Limiter.png

Potential Tuner
    greetings all,

2007 FJ Cruiser 6spd manual here.

have cat-less long tube exhaust setup, to be paired to the raptorsc.au.com air-to-water supercharger in the works.

(in talking with the raptorsc group, the kit will be a combination of the early prado kit and the 2010+ FJ kit, for what its worth)

i am also hoping to get help from this forum post. apologies if i am hijacking from original poster.

Potential Tuner
    can someone please share a 1GR-FE manual trans stock tune

Tuner in Training
    Hamiroshan, here is a stock read from a manual 4x4 2008 TRDOR Tacoma.

08 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 MT TRD OR.hpt