Thread: Lean Idle With New Injector Data

Potential Tuner

Lean Idle With New Injector Data

Long time listener first time caller. So I picked up an 03 2500 silverado, 6.0, 80e with the prospect of a turbo build. To get my feet wet I installed a Wideband, went to a SD tune, added the flexfuel sensor and got it working with a tahoe segment swap, pulled the intake off, made some exhaust modifications, and tuned the VE to suit. I learned lot about the effects of the modifications on the VE and dabbled in timing. I swapped the OS to a 3 bar and had it dialed(still runnin NA) before I took the truck down to install the home fabbed turbo system.

Turbo system includes a log and 2.5" crossover with 1 narrowband in near the drivers manifold and the other in the log manifold with the wideband in the fender dump downpipe. 3" intercooler piping and core. Not sure this information is important but I'll include it just incase. Fueling is l59 decapped flex injectors (90lb), 450 walbro in-tank, and stock truck regulator and rails for the time being.

So here comes the problem itself. I got everything fabbed and installed. I entered all of the stock info for the flex injectors from the stock flex fuel tune and adjusted the flow rate to match what the injector data provided was. It would fire and die right away. Had some issues getting it into SD interestingly enough as there was no issues previously getting the p0102 and p0103 but I suspect that it was just way too lean. After finally getting it to go into SD it was running extremely lean at idle to the point it would barely run and die at times. Mind you this was using the tuned VE table I left off with. Just out of curiosity, I adjusted the flow rate down by 30% and got it to idle only slightly lean. Went to drive it and in drive without moving it dropped down from about 1.07 lambda to about .96. driving around it was around...you guessed it, 30% rich. So it would seem that the injector data is accurate but something else is going on at idle in the low IPW area. I suspect I should be looking somewhere in the offset, min PW, short pulse, an adder areas but don't quite grasp them yet. Adding a bunch to the VE in that area would show a massive spike around idle and then normal everywhere else which I know is not right. Any insight you guys can provided is greatly appreciated.3bar_FlexDecap_lq4_FlexInjInfo.hpt4_21_2021_2.hpl

Injector data is never really accurate again with de-caps. I'd just throw them in the trash and get real injectors with data for their given flow rate.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.