Thread: Help with 2001 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 Tune.

Potential Tuner

Help with 2001 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 Tune.

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new to using the HP tuner software or any tuning software for that matter. I have a 2001 Chevy tahoe, 5.3, and figured out with a little help how to adjust for tire size and I also converted the mechanical fan to dual electric fans.

I am currently trying to delete the EGR, and Turn it off, remap for the delete, and also shut off rear o2 sensors.

Can anyone help with this?

If you can't post in the forum, email me at [email protected]

I am attaching my current tune. If you happen to go through the tune and have some suggestions, let me know.

Im not trying to add anymore power at the moment, the transmission seems like it may need new shift solenoids soon.

vehicle has 245,000 miles on it, so trying to keep it safe for now, thinking about doing 6.0 swap eventually and built transmission.

but for now just need help with egr, and o2 sensors.

Thanks.2001 CHEVY TAHOE STOCK TUNE 285 75 TIRES FANS AND IDLE ADJUSTED FOR ALTERNATOR 09252020.hpt
    2017 F250 6.2 XL

The EGR is in the exhaust tab in the engine section. Set it to disable, then find the DTC trouble codes in the DTC page in the engine diag tab, uncheck the SES box and set the codes to no error reported.

Same thing with the rear o2 sensors, find the codes and do the same thing. There are probably 8-10 codes for the sensors and P0420/0430 for the cats. And disable COT.

Do some poking around and you'll find all this stuff pretty easy.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.