Thread: 99-04 Mustang 4.6 2V Low Octane Tuning

99-04 Mustang 4.6 2V Low Octane Tuning

Hey folks,

Finally got my hands on a cheap married SCT device so I could start reliably logging last week. Thought I'd post up whats been working very well for me now on low (87) octane E10 in my '03 Mustang GT beater. The car is mechanically stock other than a cat back. With premium fuel approaching $4.00/gal in my area, it felt like the right move. The 4.6 2V just absolutely gets destroyed with audible detonation in low/mid RPM situations when load goes up, so I had to crater the timing map lol. I'm very happy with how the car runs on cheap gas though. I am not a pro obviously.

Keep in mind the MAF table is tuned for my car, so copy/paste it back to stock or put your own table in. PATS is mostly broken on my car, and was causing a lot of no-starts so ... yeah out it went.

Also figure I'd post the stock dump. Most of the "stock" dumps I found on here were actually modified it seemed.

PS - no offense to the SCT guys, but LiveLink is meeeeh compared to VCM Scanner. I sure hope I can use that again someday on this car.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gimpster; 04-22-2021 at 07:51 PM.