Thread: My first tune. Any advice?

My first tune. Any advice?

Hey all, been around a while but haven't posted much. Have a 50 chev coupe I originally installed a 5.3 in. Pulled over the winter and dropped a 6.0 in her. I've been playing around with HP lately and just wanted to see if anyone can offer up some advice. Still learning what everything does. I think I've attached my tune file and log. Was the first time I've ever logged anything

Thanks.

Edit* stock 6.0 lq9. Built 4l60e trans, Cold air intake, headers. Car only weighs around 3000 lbs. 3:73 rear end.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by greatlakesauto.ws; 04-23-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Your cylinder volume should be 0.70819 for the 6 liter. Did you install the 5.3 injectors? If not, you will need to pull one off the 6L and get a part number and look up the data for whatever that one is and put that in the tune.
    I will have to say that you are braver than me---put in a new engine, don't know if it is tuned---slam the throttle to the floor. LOL You will need a wideband to set the fuel for wot. Your stft's look pretty good for that swap for just driving around. After you correct the cyl volume and decide on the injectors, you can adjust the maf and ve table.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 04-23-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Thanks for the input! Changed the volume, seems to run really good, has issues when hot. Shut down for 5 -10 mins restart and she will stall out. Have to 2 foot it. Bumped the idle up a bit tonight and we will see how it is tomorrow.

Cheers, Rick.

Edit* used the 5.3 intake and injectors, only thing I swapped was the block. Everything else was on the 5.3 I had in here originally.
    Last edited by greatlakesauto.ws; 05-09-2021 at 05:18 PM.