Thread: 2009 G8 LSA Swap - ID1050x - Dual 450s Returnless PWM Tuning

Tuner in Training

Question delete

disregard
    Last edited by RPerry435; 04-26-2021 at 09:53 PM.
    2009 G8GT - LSA 2.8" - Stage3 PDS Cam - 3.27s - ZL1 Stall - Dual450s Returnless PWM - OBX Headers/Full Exhaust to GXP Mufflers - HR Coilovers - Full BMR/Whiteline Suspension

Easy way around the injector limit is to double the stoich table, half the injector flow rate and half the IVT terms. Now your flow rate is 127lb/hr with that scaling.

Those injectors are like 101 lb/hr at 43.5psi I think.

Your new MAP sensor settings will be 312.5 and -11.25.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Easy way around the injector limit is to double the stoich table, half the injector flow rate and half the IVT terms. Now your flow rate is 127lb/hr with that scaling.

Those injectors are like 101 lb/hr at 43.5psi I think.

Your new MAP sensor settings will be 312.5 and -11.25.
    Okay got the Map all set.

So Basically half the injector flow rate would be basically be 50? just making sure before i start halfing everything.

I kinda figured you would reply 5FDP seems like you were most common to chime in on posts from others. Thanks again. anything else I'm missing?
    2009 G8GT - LSA 2.8" - Stage3 PDS Cam - 3.27s - ZL1 Stall - Dual450s Returnless PWM - OBX Headers/Full Exhaust to GXP Mufflers - HR Coilovers - Full BMR/Whiteline Suspension

The place you bought the injectors from should have given you data. Just take that data and chop it in half.

You will have to adjust it if you are running more than 43.5psi of fuel pressure too. So if they give you data for 3 bar pressure but you are running 4 bar that math needs to be done there and then cut it in half.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    If you haven't got already this is a great write up. And thanks for mentioning your pumps. Currently on the upgrade journey for my LSA to go E85, will add these to the pump short list.

SteckScale.pdf

Senior Tuner
    And this is the data for your ID 1050x injectors. Note on the sheet there is a scale field to fill in.

ID1050x-GM Characterization Tables - HP-Tuners- 11-15-2018.xls

Tuner in Training
    I've got the data for the injectors but they aren't specific to where the data goes. or which data I'm supposed to use since multiple are labeled the same or don't match up exactly. not quite sure what the red square around some of the fields mean either. what do you mean scale field to fill in? sorry for the dumb questions.

i just know when i bought the fuel pumps from ACE Performance its returnless so I wasn't sure what exactly i was supposed to change vs return style.

ive also been reading that steck article.

The red square means nothing.

Each tab at the bottoms tells you where the data goes. Then in each tab it says at the top of each box of data what the table may be called. Like offset vs manifold vacuum vs volts. Find the one that matches yours for wording and column/row axis for data points.

Read the notes page, it says that all flow rate are at 400kpa. If you click at the top to edit the document you can go into the flow rate tab and change the scale number from 100 down to 50%. That will give you a new flow rate number you can copy/paste into the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thanks for clearing up the scaling portion. sometimes a little reassurance goes a long way

Tuner in Training
    how important is the minimum pulse length? seems like the data from id says .300 but other have been doing .125?

Senior Tuner
    This will tell you what it all means

http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/

Tuner in Training
    I've read that Article too.
    I've tried to read as much as possible. a few youtube videos here. Just trying to figure everything out.

I've finally got the injectors scaled @50% according to the ID spreadsheet.
    Doubled The AFR Stoich Table, and Halved the IVT Terms Table.

any recommendations on where to go from here?

According to the Steck Article next thing I would do is:

1. Half the MAF vs. Freq Table
    2. Half the VE (?) Table - I'm not quite sure which Table(s) this would be. All the Tables are 0 Besides Baro Corr. under the Main VE.
    3. Half the Cranking VE Table (?)

Would I need to Change the Supercharger Tab in Engine to Fitted now that its got the LSA?
    Last edited by RPerry435; 04-25-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Senior Tuner
    if u scale the stoich way u dont have to change the air model, double stoich, halve IFR and halve IVT terms and thats it, then just tune away maf/ve/vve to get fueling back in line, if main VE table is zeros u will need to populate that, some can covert the VVE over to it with the different axis to the VE to get it going
    Last edited by 07GTS; 04-25-2021 at 01:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    holy lean. not what i was expecting
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    my wideband was showing 18+

heres my tune any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

AEM sells a OBD2 wideband that makes data logging easy.

Widebands are a must for tuning. Stock o2 sensors can only do closed loop tuning and all airflow tuning at medium to heavy throttle will all be in open loop.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    AEM sells a OBD2 wideband that makes data logging easy.

Widebands are a must for tuning.
    ^^^^^

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...and-uego-OBDII

Works seamlessly with HP Tuners. Pops up in the scanner as a channel to log. It's awesome.