Thread: Corvette C6 LS2 - unable to crankshaft relearn procedure

Potential Tuner

Corvette C6 LS2 - unable to crankshaft relearn procedure

Hi everyone!

I have '05 LS2 C6 with few modifications (LSX-R intake manifold, cam, ARH exhaust system, etc...) and have problem with crankshaft position sensor. First the diagnostics showed me the code P0336 - Crank Position Sensor A Circuit Range / Performance. Then I had the car parked for a while and the battery was disconnected for a long time and after that diagnostics showed me the code P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned. Now I got HP Tuners MPVI2 hardware kit and started to solve this problem. So I run VCM Scanner and read DTC - there is only P0315 code so I cleared DTC memory, check it again and find there is P0315 code again! If I repeated it few times than there is finally "No DTC's detected." so I tried to Crank Relearn procedure and it showed me "Vehicle must not have diagnostic faults.".

Has anyone solved a similar problem? Can the crank position sensor be defective? The car starts and runs fine with enough power.

I live in Czech Republic / Europe and here is really a problem to find someone who understands cars like Corvette.

Your help will be really appreciated!

Cheers,
    Patrik

The relearn procedure will not run if P0315 is disabled. Having a current P0315 only means the relearn procedure has not been completed. Completing the relearn will automatically clear the P0315. Having any other CKP/CMP-related codes will lock out the relearn procedure, which means P0315 will always be current until the faults are fixed and the relearn completed.

Find and fix the cause of the P0336 first, no other way to get the relearn to complete successfully.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your reply!

Now I have only P0315 code. I tried to disable P0315 but there is still same problem - "Vehicle must not have diagnostics faults.". P0336 was only at first time when I check fault codes on my diagnostic device.

If the relearn won't run and complete, it must think there is still another code. The VCM scanner is not exactly a full-featured diagnostic tool, it is tailored specifically around tuning stuff.

P0315 will not prevent it from running the relearn procedure, that code ONLY means that it has not run and stored the relearn yet. As soon as it's completed successfully the P0315 will go away on its own.