Thread: not even sure what to title this

Advanced Tuner

not even sure what to title this

I have a customers 2020 charger scat pack.
    pulled stock pcm, sent to hpt to be unlocked
    PCM came back friday.
    Swapped pcm, and pulled car from the other side of the parking lot to get close enough for internet.
    Realized i forgot to install the bypass cable.
    Went home for weekend
    get to the shop this am, install bypass cable, pull factory read file, build base tune, load tune, car starts but will not go into gear. Load factory cal file back and no change. Engine starts, runs, but no shift out of park (shifter will move, but no gear change)
    Tried removing bypass cable, same result
    Swapped bypass cable with another, still same result.

I told customer his car should be finished around lunch but thats not going to happen now

Any idea what happened? Any idea how to fix?

Potential Tuner
    Can you post the stock cal file?

Potential Tuner
    Just curious, did you pull a factory read file prior to sending the pcm in to be unlocked?

I would be a lot more comfortable restoring from that file or at very least doing a comparison.

Advanced Tuner
    No I did not. I sent the PCM from the vehicle, and performed the read after the PCM came back. I dont believe it is related to the unlock, as I installed the unlocked PCM and drove the car across the parking lot before pulling the stock file.

Potential Tuner
    Perhaps you could try a reset on the PCM, not totally sure of the process, but it involves disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and some people short the positive and negative terminals on the car during this period to totally discharge all of the electrical components. Maybe search around to be certain of the procedure, if you have never done it before, but that might clear out whatever got out of wack since it last ran.

Advanced Tuner
    Done that with no change in result Pulled both cables and shorted together for about an hour. Towed car to dealership this am, Ill see what they come up with

Potential Tuner
    Most likely they will end up flashing it with a stock tune, assuming the PCM is not toasted. I know it goes without saying, but grab a copy of that the second it lands on your shop floor. But even if they wind up replacing the PCM, you still want to have that in your tool box. It doesn't need to be unlocked to read it, but it will require a bypass cable. I am sure your customer is a wee bit stressed out, but hopefully he hangs tough, as in the end it's all worth it!

Advanced Tuner
    Hes taking it better than I would be. A 10-12 day job (waiting for pcm to return) is going on week 3........

Potential Tuner
    Ouch, well once he feels the results in the seat of his pants, all will be forgiven!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
    Ouch, well once he feels the results in the seat of his pants, all will be forgiven!
    Just got it wrapped up! Not sure what the dealer did but they took care of me