Thread: Will hptuner work for Ls swap?

Potential Tuner

Will hptuner work for Ls swap?

74 year old beginner in ecm world. Ls engine with all electronics from used Chevy into 1938 custom car. Can I Flash ecm with hptuner?

Senior Tuner
    HP Tuners will allow you to read and save the calibration that is in the ECM, modify the data in the calibration, and write the changed data back to the ECM. Be aware that it does not come with instructions on what or how to modify the data, and can be a steep learning curve for a first time user. It also helps to be somewhat computer (PC/Laptop) literate to use.

Hello RF,

Yes, certainly HP Tuners can assist you but as advised, it can be daunting. I've got a pretty good handle on getting an LS swapped engine to start and then killing off those subsystems that are no longer in operation on my engine so as to not illuminate the check engine light.

Where I still fear to tread is modifying the airflow and fuel models for things like a wilder cam or a change in compression, etc. If ya' get this badly wrong towards the lean side of best engine operation, it can quickly get hot enough in the combustion chamber to melt the top of a piston.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.