Thread: Manual Timer | Timing starts but does not stop

Potential Tuner

Manual Timer | Timing starts but does not stop

Hi guys,

first of all: I am no native English speaker so be forgiving.

I once was able to set a manual laptiming with start and finish at different points by using a manual lap timer like shown in the tutorial "Manual Lap Timing -how to".
    The timing started and stopped at the time marks I set in the background script of the timer settings.

This is the background script:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /*
    Manual Timer Display

Displays a running timer that starts when this display object is shown, or can be configured
    below to start and stop after a certain number of seconds.

Tip: Use this display object's Timeline Segment capability to control when it is first displayed.
    */

// --- Set Parameters & Options Here ---

OffsetX = 0; // Set this if using the "Text Label" option on the "Object Parameters" tab

Decimals = 3; // Number of digits after decimal place

Compact = 1; // 0 = Hours, 1 = Minutes, 2 = Seconds

StartDelay = 29.427; // Number of seconds after this display is shown until the timer starts running
    StartOffset = 0.0; // Initial displayed time value (in seconds) to start with

StopTime = 505.248; // If greater than zero, sets the displayed time value (in seconds) that the timer should stop at

// Setup & Calculations; based on the Object Parameters tab and/or the section above

TextColor = ColorA;
    OutlineColor = ColorB;
    FontSize = SizeY * 0.90;
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the video to see the result:

A few days later I tried the same again but it will not work (start is o. K. but no stopping), I am desperately trying and trying...

This is the background script:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /*
    Manual Timer Display

Displays a running timer that starts when this display object is shown, or can be configured
    below to start and stop after a certain number of seconds.

Tip: Use this display object's Timeline Segment capability to control when it is first displayed.
    */

// --- Set Parameters & Options Here ---

OffsetX = 0; // Set this if using the "Text Label" option on the "Object Parameters" tab

Decimals = 3; // Number of digits after decimal place

Compact = 1; // 0 = Hours, 1 = Minutes, 2 = Seconds

StartDelay = 67.375; // Number of seconds after this display is shown until the timer starts running
    StartOffset = 0.0; // Initial displayed time value (in seconds) to start with

StopTime = 549.484; // If greater than zero, sets the displayed time value (in seconds) that the timer should stop at

// Setup & Calculations; based on the Object Parameters tab and/or the section above

TextColor = ColorA;
    OutlineColor = ColorB;
    FontSize = SizeY * 0.90;
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not yet uploaded to Youtube but I have the vid on my HDD. Timer does not stop at the point I setted.

What do I do wrong? Is there a trick? Is ther a tutorial with the correct settings?

Thx in advance and cheers

Markus

Advanced Tuner
    Instead of trying to create a manual timer, I think it's much easier and more convenient to use the built-in Lap functionality. Once you setup the lap times in RaceRender, you can use one of the Timer display objects to do exactly what you're looking for.

Select your data file (or the data that was extracted from your GoPro) in the Input File list on the top right.

InputFiles.png

In the top left, click on the Laps button.

LapsButton.png

This will open the Lap List window.

LapList.png

Click Edit Lap Times. This will open the Edit Lap Times window.

EditLapTimes.png

The format here is hours:minutes:seconds.milliseconds

Lap 000 is the time before the first lap. This would be the staging time. The Timer display object will show 0 seconds until this time completes. In your second example this would be:

Lap 000: 00:01:07.375

Then you just need to set the time of your lap. I'm assuming that StopTime includes both your StartDelay and the full lap, so I'm going to assume this means your lap time was 482.109 seconds.

Lap 001: 00:08:02.109

Now you just need to add a Timer display object:

Timer - Standard.png

That display object should have options for Decimals (to change it to 3 places) and an option called "Hold" which is how long the timer will display your previous lap after you complete it. Since you probably only need one lap, I recommend setting this to something high like 60 seconds so that you don't have to worry about a longer Outro causing it to start trying to display the time for a second lap.

Potential Tuner
    Kind thx, I did not know this function. But I will try weekends and tell you if it worked.

Potential Tuner
    @HoboBob

I tried this and it works absolutely perfect for me! So many many thanks again for this solution!