Thread: 2005 dodge durango tcm read

Tuner in Training

2005 dodge durango tcm read

Trying to read tcm off 05 durango 5.7 hemi

when trying to read it fails

i select all dodge controllers and they all fail

i tried ngc4(fail) esgs52 and esg53(fail)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sayangetsome View Post

My understanding is that HP Tuners only supports the TCM for the 2007 and later vehicles with the 545RFE. I have a 2005 as well and HP Tuners will not read the TCM.

Also, EGS52/EGS53 is the TCM for the NAG1 units which are not used in the trucks and Durango. The NAG1 is used in Jeeps and LX models and others.

Quote Originally Posted by sayangetsome View Post

It's tricky , What I've found that works 70 % of the time , is start the vehicle , (with foot on BRAKE @ idle) put it in drive, then in reverse, shut the vehicle off then read, right as it stops reading the PCM , when it tells you that it's waiting 15sec. turn the key off then on, by that time the read function will tell you to cycle the key, do it........you'll know write(see what I did there) away if it's going to work.

I worked for an hour getting this one to read the TCM(see attached...BONE stock 04 1500 Ram GTX I just bought yesterday) , finally on the 6th try it worked.

I've also found that if the vehicle had been previously tuned with a Diablo CMR tune , you have a better chance of it being read, I've read 7 so far that have had a HemiFever Custom tune and all of them the TCM "read" on the 1st try...........and a Superchips tune is a 50/50 1st time read.

7250BASE(GTX).hpt
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    It's tricky , What I've found that works 70 % of the time , is start the vehicle , (with foot on BRAKE @ idle) put it in drive, then in reverse, shut the vehicle off then read, right as it stops reading the PCM , when it tells you that it's waiting 15sec. turn the key off then on, by that time the read function will tell you to cycle the key, do it........you'll know write(see what I did there) away if it's going to work.

I worked for an hour getting this one to read the TCM(see attached...BONE stock 04 1500 Ram GTX I just bought yesterday) , finally on the 6th try it worked.

I've also found that if the vehicle had been previously tuned with a Diablo CMR tune , you have a better chance of it being read, I've read 7 so far that have had a HemiFever Custom tune and all of them the TCM "read" on the 1st try...........and a Superchips tune is a 50/50 1st time read.

7250BASE(GTX).hpt
    i have a 2005 daytona edition and i was wondering what is that tune file that you posted? is that like a already tuned but a very mild tune or is it just he original tune from the factory?