Thread: 2006 cr 5.9 compound setup

Potential Tuner

2006 cr 5.9 compound setup

So long story short bought a truck from auction as a surprise for my dad. Get said truck and its been sitting since 2017. Ats stage 4 trans, built motor, studded bottom and top, ppe dual pumps, mishimoto intercooler, 200hp injectors, single s476, fass lift pump, billet intake manifold, billet t4 exhaust manifold. Someone pulled some of the electronics off the truck. The truck ran, but not right. Although it pulled like a freight train in 3rd gear. Although, it's a black smoke machine because it didn't spool until 2200ish rpms. Pulled great to 4800 rpms.

Truck now has a new stock turbo as the secondary turbo. Kept the s476 and compounded it. Truck now can cruise with pretty much no smoke. Added a 100psi boost and egt gauge today. Factory computer says its only boosting to 36lbs.

I've been tuning my own gas cars since 2006. Never once tried to tune a diesel. I've emailed 3 shops and called one to see about dyno tuning the truck. No one has replied to the emails or called me back about a dyno tune.

If any one has some input or wants to help tune I will pay for the help. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    post a file and complete data log so we can help.

Banned
    Depending on altitude, 36psi of boost may be the limit of what the ECM will read for boost. It reads absolute pressure, there?s a thread about map sensors where I say what the limit is of the MAP sensor. Higher altitude, higher boost it will be able to read as atmospheric pressure is less and consuming less of the readable range.

Potential Tuner
    I'll be working on logs this weekend. Installed egt and boost gauge. Current setup is doing right at 60lbs of boost.

Pulled the truck apart to verify everything. Ended up being 300hp injectors. After I get the logs I'll post up the full mod list. Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    i know this is old but i have some questions about compound turbo timing if you could pm me?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cracummins View Post
    i know this is old but i have some questions about compound turbo timing if you could pm me?
    Whats your question?