Thread: Flat spot when accelerating from stand still

Tuner in Training

Flat spot when accelerating from stand still

Hi All

I'm having an issue with my tune where I seem to have a 'flat spot' at around 1000-1100rpm.
    It is most noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear when pulling away gently with a little bit of throttle. There seems to be no power at all, so press the accelerator a little more and a little more until all of a sudden the car lunges forward. It makes the car really difficult to drive and i find myself slipping the clutch a lot to try and lessen the impact. This surge can also sometimes become a bucking under certain conditions when driving around town where it is repeatedly surging and making me look like i don't know how to drive stick

My car is heavily modified with a stage 3 cam, 95mm TB, XDI injectors, LT4 HPFP, MTI low side secondary pump, Ported heads, Procharger D1x (28psi), decat headers and straight piped.

Additionally, when the car is cold I think there may be a fuelling issue as I get some backfiring when trying to accelerate moderately from a stop.

I've attached 2 log files from my town driving today.

cold_27421 - The backfiring should be within the first minute of log. I also tried to log as much 1st gear slow driving as I could to capture the lunging.

warm_27421 - You should see the flat spot and sudden surge within the first minute of this log, and also at the last few minutes some of
    the 'bunny hopping'.

I REALLY appreciate any assistance you guys might be able to give.

warm_27421.hpl
    James 2014 C7 M7 Procharged cam meth XDI CR tune 4.hpt
    https://file.fan/1c1b1e4220dac4a1

Tuner in Training
    Torque management advance is reducing spark. One way to resolve this is to reduce Virtual Torque in 2400 rpm columns & below

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette4ever View Post
    Torque management advance is reducing spark. One way to resolve this is to reduce Virtual Torque in 2400 rpm columns & below
    Thanks for the info. Any suggestion on what I should reduce the values to? I'm new to all this.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxms View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any suggestion on what I should reduce the values to? I'm new to all this.
    Or any remote tuner recommendations?