Thread: lsj turbo tune

Potential Tuner

lsj turbo tune

Finally decided to get the balt running again, and the tune on the car now is 6-7 years old. Just purchased hp tuners so still pretty wet behind the ears..... lol its was a mail in tune so im just curious to see how far off it is, and any suggestions /help is much appreciated.

mods-s256et, 38mm wastegate, 3" dp/exshaust, sheet metal intake, 3" cold side and 2.5 hot side charge piping, 80lbs inj, zzp brfs, 255 fuel pump, port/polished head, zzp stg 2 camms, 80 lbs valve springs, darton sleeves, diamond pistons, zzp rods, balance shaft delete kit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey not sure who will reply here but I can share this link with you to get started on assessing it yourself!

LSJ Guides: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...965-LSJ-Guides

Good luck! Also helpful to log your car to show what the tune is doing to your car.

USDM As Fck

@DaX.Media

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I suggest you learn how to use the scanner first if you are new to HPT. Without a good data log posted along with the active tune, we are really stabbing in the dark.
    I'll take a general stab just from a fast quick look without any feedback.
    The VE table looks decent. It could use some smoothing in the active range. MAF sensor takes priority over VE table above 3600 rpm which is probably why it looks really nice up there above 4K.
    Looks like its got 60 lb/hr injectors installed. According to the offset data the fuel system is not using a boost referenced 1:1 return regulator. Shame cause its way easier to tune the injector settings with this kind of regulator installed.
    Commanding 12 AFR under WOT at anything above 3750. Generally that's a little lean. Boosted setups usually target around 11.5-11.7. Your not totally out of the window and if that is a dyno verified power maker then well i would run that and adjust timing to fall in line. I also notice Power Enrichment kicks on really fast. If your above 55 kpa then it will only take 35% tps angle to trigger power enrichment. I recommend using the scanner to verify you are not triggering PE during cruise. Bumping this up and making PE wait until you have loads greater than cruise can give you a significant amount of mpg back if you intend to street drive.
    Main Ignition tables looks better than the fuel table. Without a log it's hard to say if the ignition is being pushed hard or not. The correction factors are playing into final advance in WOT conditions. I don't disable these features but i prevent them from modifying the final advance in a defined nominal operation zone.
    MAF sensor frequency threshold is set low. I believe it's the stock value but i'd have to dig up an old stock file to know for sure. If you turn the boost up high enough the maf will throw a P0103 code once it exceeds 11,100 hz. The mil codes are active for this as well which just backs this claim up.

Overall not to bad. If the log shows decent performance id say it's a great starting point for you to learn and polish it up a bit.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman