Thread: 2006 F250 6 L powerstroke diesel HP tuners will not read FICM voltage correctly

2006 F250 6 L powerstroke diesel HP tuners will not read FICM voltage correctly

I'm having problems getting HP tuners to read my FICM voltage I have two other devices an Atlel handheld scanner and also my Fluke volt meter they both read voltage at 48.3 and 48.5 however HP tuner shows me that it's putting out 13 to 14 volts is there anything I can do to correct it?

There are a few different voltage reading on the ficm. Sounds like your looking at the wrong pid.

Quote Originally Posted by AJennings View Post
    There are a few different voltage reading on the ficm. Sounds like your looking at the wrong pid.
    On my Alltel I am logging FiCM Main, FICM logic and FICM vehicle the same as I'm logging with HP tuners however all three are the same voltage on HP tuners but my Alltel shows me the right voltage I've also taking the cover off of the FICM check for the true voltage my Fluke meter is showing 48.3 sorry I have pictures but I haven't figured out how to get them uploaded

Last edited by BadAquaBluSS; 04-29-2021 at 12:12 PM.

okay guys still trying to get help with this, I have contacted support regarding this I reflash the computer and still don't see a regular oil pressure sensor, but having the oil pressure above 45 PSI is important as anything less than this will cause the injectors not to fill properly and Destroy them because they don't have the oil that needs to be there too absorb the shock, I've repoll the system and tried to pick from the list given there's only 3 for the FICM and NONE for the low side oil pressure! The voltage for the FICM MAIN normally stays around 48 volts it will fluctuate It should be 48 volts. Minimum spec is 45 volts but a good FICM will be 48 to 50 volts all the time. also I was trying to see if someone may have some tuning graphs setup for the 6.0L PowerStroke

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAquaBluSS View Post
    okay guys still trying to get help with this, I have contacted support regarding this I reflash the computer and still don't see a regular oil pressure sensor, but having the oil pressure above 45 PSI is important as anything less than this will cause the injectors not to fill properly and Destroy them because they don't have the oil that needs to be there too absorb the shock, I've repoll the system and tried to pick from the list given there's only 3 for the FICM and NONE for the low side oil pressure! The voltage for the FICM MAIN normally stays around 48 volts it will fluctuate It should be 48 volts. Minimum spec is 45 volts but a good FICM will be 48 to 50 volts all the time. also I was trying to see if someone may have some tuning graphs setup for the 6.0L PowerStroke
    Your mistaking oil pressure for fuel pressure. Injectors don't see low side oil pressure. what your describing is the benefit from the blue spring mod in the fuel pressure regulator.

No not mistaken at all, they're both very important to the truck. If the low pressure sides don't do there job the injectors can be damaged. But already had a couple of Tuners message me and let me know that there is no sensor for the low side oil or fuel, don't get me wrong I appreciate your input as I'm very new to the whole Diesel thing this is the first Diesel I've ever owned in my 54 years and I've never ever even wanted a FORD before this is my first one ever!!! thanks again

Did you get anywhere on this? I just got my first HP Tuners setup (MPVI2) and connected it to my 2005 6.0 F-250 (going to be replacing the turbo after a failure and doing a few mods) and have the same issue of not seeing the FICM output voltage. Is this something HP Tuners scanner doesn't read?

Talked with them a few weeks ago, they?re still trying to get the engineers to get things worked out it?s strange because there?s so much software and even the edge and SCT gauge programmers that can read the FICM voltage however our high end HP Tuners cannot, also working on it also getting it to where we can do a little diagnostic like, cancel injectors so that we can check to see if we?re having injector issues that would also be a great feature. And the ability to do a cylinder balance test, what they told me is people have to request different things so that they can add and see if it?s worth adding, I guess no one has needed any of this except me! Lol

I'll add a request!
    Like any software development teams there are priorities and with a customer base this wide and limited resources I can only imagine there are lots of prioritizing going on. SCT seems like a more heavy diesel user platform which may explain why they are ahead of the curve on those features?
    I'm new to HP Tuners and thought they started in the GM world and then Ford (maybe about the same time?) but primarily performance car oriented; I was surprised to see Powerstroke support at all!
    I actually returned a new SCT still sealed in the box after I saw HP supported the 6.0!
    Last edited by TurboCamaro1994; 06-16-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCamaro1994 View Post
    I'll add a request!
    Like any software development teams there are priorities and with a customer base this wide and limited resources I can only imagine there are lots of prioritizing going on. SCT seems like a more heavy diesel user platform which may explain why they are ahead of the curve on those features?
    I'm new to HP Tuners and thought they started in the GM world and then Ford (maybe about the same time?) but primarily performance car oriented; I was surprised to see Powerstroke support at all!
    I actually returned a new SCT still sealed in the box after I saw HP supported the 6.0!

Yeah definitely understand, support for it is being worked on, but a lot of people don't give up the information you need to make informed decisions. I've been reading forms all over the place, but I'm still trying to figure out what I should graph so I'll know what to ad and what the takeaway. I was hoping to at least get information on what to graph so that I can know what to do far as my FICM tune and the ECM Tune.

The pcm doesn?t see low oil pressure reading that solely goes to gauge. The high side pressure is supplied to pcm via icp sensor in valve cover. They?re typically good about getting pids fixed in the scanner once they get a request/are made aware of an issue. I don?t seem to remember not having ficm voltage displayed in scanner but the only tuning I did was the ficm iteself for injectors that were bigger. My 6.0 pcm tuning was via sct.

Thanks guys still waiting on HP Tuners give me some kind of information

Wow this is crazy it's been a year to the day and HPTuners have not gotten back to me about setting up the scanner so you can log for the voltage of your FICM while you're reading your scans??? Is it me or is it just not important to have this for finding trouble while you're logging your vehicle??? Will someone from HP Tuners please chime in on this and let me know why it isn't important to have this while you're logging to find different problems?????

ever figure this out?

Potential Tuner
    @admin

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but as of today FICM Voltage doesnt have the PID in the software that I can find. It doesnt matter much to me because I can see it on any other scanner and its something I check on occasion or during diagnosing a truck. Not required for any tuning unless your verifying the truck doesnt have an existing problem, tuning has zero effect on the power side of the FICM just the logic side.

On another note you are mistaken about the oil pressure sender. 6.0's do not have an low oil pressure sender, they have a pressure switch, its a 1 wire that trips at around 10psi IIRC, the gauge on the dash is useless as it goes to the middle when the switch is closed and the bottom when it is open. Injectors don't see anything from the LPOP there are no galleys in the head that feed them they only see the high pressure from the HPOP and it bleeds off from the spool valves when an injection event is done.
    Last edited by roccomonte; 08-04-2023 at 02:16 AM.