Thread: 6.0 Powerstroke new PCM

Potential Tuner

6.0 Powerstroke new PCM

I have a bone stock(not even tuned) 6.0 powerstroke excursion that has a had a bad PCM, can I get the license for it and use my MPVI3 to flash it with the stock file and VIN or will I need to have a dealer or someone with IDS do it? I've searched and can find that it can't flash a blank PCM but this one is not blank it's just giving me 2 codes for VIN mismatch error and it's running software that's looking for the EGR throttle valve when this engine doesn't have it. I'm able to pull the file off the bad PCM so I already have it.
    Last edited by roccomonte; 07-31-2023 at 12:15 AM.

I do not believe you can do that with HPtuners. If I?m not mistaken you?ll have to take it to someone with IDS or I think pcmflash will do it. Maybe KESS. Unsure on the last two I mentioned. I don?t deal with them.

Banned
    you can read out the pcm, convert it to bin, change the vin and strategy in the bin, then convert it back to hpt and flash.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    you can read out the pcm, convert it to bin, change the vin and strategy in the bin, then convert it back to hpt and flash.
    Converting to bin from hpt seems to be a sore subject, rightfully so. I guess I'll just find someone with FJDS to flash it with the ford software.

Tuner in Training
    There is software for hpt to bin..tryd to pm but hard to do on phone...

Banned
    you can email me if you need files converted.