Thread: Would like to know how to read 14.3 in close loop

Would like to know how to read 14.3 in close loop

Hello guys

Good day

In my tune file I have set the stoich to 14.3 and in the log it shows 14.3 but in the wideband it shows 14.7 while the car is in close loop

But when i change the car to open loop it reads 14.3

So i want the car to read 14.3 in close loop how can I do that

The car is silverado 2017 5.3L

The wideband is likely on the gas scale, so it's going to read close to 14.7. In closed loop there is also switching of the o2 sensors so it's never going to read exactly 14.3 or 14.7.

Just switch to lambda if you want it to read 1.00 no matter what your stoich is or just deal with it.

I can have E60 in my tank and my wideband will read 14.6 if I have it set to that specific read out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The wideband is likely on the gas scale, so it's going to read close to 14.7. In closed loop there is also switching of the o2 sensors so it's never going to read exactly 14.3 or 14.7.

Just switch to lambda if you want it to read 1.00 no matter what your stoich is or just deal with it.

I can have E60 in my tank and my wideband will read 14.6 if I have it set to that specific read out.

Advanced Tuner
    What he said. The WB doesn?t know the fuel type, and they actually read in lambda then calculate AFR. Think of 14.7AFR as it?s ?target? (or 14.3 if you set stoich there). Hence why just like 5FDP, i prefer lambda. I never have to guess with a flex fuel car that could be E30/E60/E80 day to day.... 1.0 lambda is what it is. If you have a flex car on a strong blend of E, and a WB on a gasoline setting.... it will read 14.7 when the car is at its 9.0AFR stoich (don?t beat me up over having exact numbers. Just an example)